Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

http://www.startrek.com/article/exclusive-interview-leonard-nimoy-talks-star-trek-into-darkness (last 2 questions)

Leonard Nimoy would be interested in following J.J. Abrams to a galaxy far, far away.

Not sure this would work, because he is so completely identified with Spock.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think I would like Leonard Nimoy in Star Wars. No offence to him as an actor, but like you said, GrandMaster, he's just too iconic.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah, I remember after Richard Harris died, there was a rumor about Ian McKellan becoming Dumbledore. I knew that would never happen, since he was already Gandalf.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I don't think I would like Leonard Nimoy in Star Wars. No offence to him as an actor, but like you said, GrandMaster, he's just too iconic.

I would honestly have no problem with it as long as he was cast in an actual cameo, something small. If he was a CGI alien with 2 lines it'd be fine, no one would even notice. If he was an old man with no pointy ears it would also be less recognizable. Out of all the things brought up about this movie this possibility bothers me the least.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Denethor in a galaxy far, far away? I could see Noble playing an Imperial Moff-type character.

If the sequel trilogy doesn't take the same path as the EU, i.e. featuring the Sith as villains -- and I don't see how it could or should unless they bring Darth Plagueis back or something that is explainable in the context of the first six films -- then I would hope that the antagonist or antagonists of the film are secular with regard to the Force, much like the Thrawn trilogy minus C'Baoth or the Hand of Thrawn duology which didn't even have a C'Baoth.

In the case of a 'secular' antagonist like an Imperial admiral or grand moff, John Noble would definitely be amazing. Heck, imagine him as Thrawn. Watch his performance as "Walternate" in Fringe.

Speaking of Fringe, and that being John Noble's connection to J.J. Abrams and Bad Robot, I recall hearing that Joshua Jackson was one of the actors that was originally considered for Anakin Skywalker back when they were casting for Episode II, so I wonder if he's someone that would be revisited for Episode VII -- assuming there's interest on his side in being in Star Wars since he auditioned for Anakin and a mutual interest on Bad Robot's side since he was in one of their shows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

GrandMaster wrote:
Yeah, I remember after Richard Harris died, there was a rumor about Ian McKellan becoming Dumbledore. I knew that would never happen, since he was already Gandalf.

After seeing the dismal job Michael Gambon did with the role, I sort of wish they'd given it to McKellan.

I doubt that Nimoy will make it into the film, but if he did, I'd probably find it distracting.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would be weird having Nimoy in Star Wars, but it would be much better than having someone like Megan Fox or Channing Tatum in it. I doubt it will happen anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Someone supposedly close to J. J. Abrams is telling fans to get ready for an EU-overwriting Episode VII. No Jacen, no Jaina, no Mara, no Thrawn etc.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/buzzkill-why-todays-big-star-wars-episode-vii-rumors-are-complete-nonsense

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, the full story behind that article is that two days ago Ain't It Cool News posted what it alleged was a casting call for Episode VII for the roles of Jacen and Jaina Solo.

According to the casting call, they were both 17 years old for Episode VII, and it explained the basic premise of Legacy of the Force.

Casting calls never explain the plot of the film or give more information than is necessary for casting the role, and Abrams casting calls usually omit the character's name entirely and just gives a basic description of the character's personality.

This guy wrote the article to debunk that AICN rumor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks, Crash. I was just feeling too lazy to explain. Razz

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm surprised that SuperShadow keeps his/theirs mouth shut. I kinda miss that old troll. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Really? Guess I know which SW "facts" I'll be reading this weekend. Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/19/scoop-star-wars-episode-seven-character-details/

The REAL casting call.

Looks like the post-ROTJ EU is being reboot.

Fassbender plz.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How interesting!

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

I'm guessing this is one of the leading roles. Possibly Luke or Han/Leia's daughter.

Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.

I'm guessing this is another lead role. Imagine being cast in a role that descibes you as "not traditionally good looking". Poor guy. Razz

A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome, and confident.

Ooh, do I smell a love triangle brewing? The "not traditionally good looking" guy will vie with this guy for the female lead's affections. The female lead will be more interested in this "fit, handsome and confident" guy, but will eventually fall for the "not traditionally good looking" guy, because of his loyalty, character or something.

Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demanour. Also doesn't need to be particularly fit.

Han Solo? No.

A second young female, also late teens, tough smart, and fit.

A friend of the female lead? A further point in the love triangle (or, as I like to call it when four people are involved, the love square?)

Forty something male, fit, military type.

Ah, but which military? New Republic? Empire? A new villainous military oranization?

Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn't need to be fit.

Because he's "thirtysomething" and I'm guessing he's less sage Jedi intellectual and more computer geek intellectual.

I haven't really anticipated a movie since The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, so this feels like old times. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 13 of 33