Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 184, 185, 186  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
If they made a Deadpool movie would they have to use the Ryan Reynolds character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Or is that not canon anymore?

Its not canon, but that's the only thing Ryan Reynolds would be good for ever.

My thoughts exactly, which makes the whole Wolverine: Origins films that much more of a let down.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
If they made a Deadpool movie would they have to use the Ryan Reynolds character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Or is that not canon anymore?

My thoughts exactly, which makes the whole Wolverine: Origins films that much more of a let down.

I absolutely despise him as an actor, but Deadpool is a character he's suited for. A smart-mouthed jerk who flings blood everywhere. The only role I could stand watching him in.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're still treating that Wolverine movie as canon, but that First Class opted to merely be loose with continuity (Patrick Stewart walking was really the only gross discontinuity in it, and that was consistent with an X3 flashback).

I think though that the plan for a Deadpool movie (which never came to fruition) was to still use Ryan Reynolds, but undo the face trauma they did to him. Have him more like he was at the beginning.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Saw Fast and Furious 6 yesterday.........(yes when not clad in Storm Trooper armor I moonlight as an import/cars enthusiast) despite NOT needing 6 movies, the ever cheesy dialog moments, and bringing back dead characters for views...... The movie was Awesome! Some of the biggest action sets i have ever seen in a movie period..... Just huge without the obvious green screen addition that almost all movies use these days. Very very funny moments, great fights, beautiful cars! And the next movie (what the next one?! 7 really?!) is going to have a great big name villain who is revealed during the credits. I scratch my head as I open my wallet take my money for 7 please!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're still treating that Wolverine movie as canon, but that First Class opted to merely be loose with continuity (Patrick Stewart walking was really the only gross discontinuity in it, and that was consistent with an X3 flashback).

I think though that the plan for a Deadpool movie (which never came to fruition) was to still use Ryan Reynolds, but undo the face trauma they did to him. Have him more like he was at the beginning.

Reynolds wants his movie, but Marvel has basically put it on permanent hold since Watchmen didn't go over so well. They decided it wasn't something they could do in a rated R movie but its the only way to do it right.

As to Origins they haven't made an official statement but wouldn't undoing everything in the Deadpool movie with the main character pretty much seal that its being forgotten? Also Emma Frost's appearance in First Class overwrites her appearance in Origins so there's another strike. I would consider it written out of continuity at this point. It was awful and they knew it.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Reynolds wants his movie, but Marvel has basically put it on permanent hold since Watchmen didn't go over so well. They decided it wasn't something they could do in a rated R movie but its the only way to do it right.

As to Origins they haven't made an official statement but wouldn't undoing everything in the Deadpool movie with the main character pretty much seal that its being forgotten? Also Emma Frost's appearance in First Class overwrites her appearance in Origins so there's another strike. I would consider it written out of continuity at this point. It was awful and they knew it.

I agree with your overall point about the Deadpool movie, but remember that he was given the healing factor. In theory, that could bring him back to his original form. Or they could just choose to not tie a Deadpool movie into canon at all.

Regarding Emma Frost, that one is handwaved by the fact that they never call her "Frost". Two different people, one born in the late 30s, the other in the mid-70s, happen to have the same diamond power, both happen to be named Emma. One is also a telepath.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I agree with your overall point about the Deadpool movie, but remember that he was given the healing factor. In theory, that could bring him back to his original form. Or they could just choose to not tie a Deadpool movie into canon at all.

Regarding Emma Frost, that one is handwaved by the fact that they never call her "Frost". Two different people, one born in the late 30s, the other in the mid-70s, happen to have the same diamond power, both happen to be named Emma. One is also a telepath.

See but that kind of lip service about it all would cheapen the franchise. It would just be better to let that one movie go. It was poorly done anyway. Also...he blew up the same helicopter 3 times. The pain I felt at that...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Check out The Internship tomorrow. It's still the same recycled plot from the previous movies starring Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, but the fresh geek twist keeps things unexpectedly interesting and will have aching from belly laughs.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just saw the new Star Trek movie and because I never saw the older versions I don't really have anything to complain about! For someone who didn't even really like the first "reboot" movie, I loved this one! It makes me wonder what J.J. Abrams will do with Star Wars...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So...about Superman.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
So...about Superman.

Overall, I enjoyed Man of Steel. Definitely better than the original Chris Reeve/Brandon Routh series, but it doesn't carry as much nostalgia.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
So...about Superman.

Overall, I enjoyed Man of Steel. Definitely better than the original Chris Reeve/Brandon Routh series, but it doesn't carry as much nostalgia.

To your spoiler reply I say...

For the rest of you I have a couple fun facts about the possible trilogy thoroughly based off my own guesses!

This is most likely not going to launch the Justice League universe. It just didn't do well enough. It might, though, begin what could be a decent trilogy. They'll be following the same pattern as The Dark Knight films did, and I see it playing out like this.

1. Man of Steel - This one won't get much explanation as I don't want to spoil it, but Zod is the villain advertised so mentioning him and comparing him to Ras al Ghul isn't spoilery to me.

2. We can expect to see Luthor in this film. TDK went with Batman's biggest villain, and they have not been shy about the parallels between the first films of each franchise. I see Luthor being brought out and this being the best film of the trilogy.

3. We get a Braniac story in the third film, an to some its epic and the best and to some its good but kind of a let down. We shall see how they do this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey now,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw Man of Steel last night, and loved almost everything about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

After Hunger, I have now seen all watchable Michael Fassbender films. Y'all can't make me watch Jonah Hex. Razz

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Last edited by Dancelittleewok on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 154 of 186