What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 143, 144, 145  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just got verification from DH that the error is on their end. It ships tomorrow, but releases next week.

Thanks for the heads up, Taral. I would have totally missed that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
I just got verification from DH that the error is on their end. It ships tomorrow, but releases next week.

Thanks for the heads up, Taral. I would have totally missed that one.

No worries. I should highlight that I might've used the word "ship" wrong. I meant "ship to the comic book stores, for the purposes of putting on shelves." I guess I meant "release date."

I pre-order Legacy (as well as a few other Star Wars comics, though not as many as a year ago), and I maintain a pull list through Comixology and my local shop, so I knew right away that it wasn't going to be out.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, since I always get an e-preview ahead of time I just depend on DH's date. I fired off an email because I really didn't want to post my review early (or late for that matter). Anyway, the fellow at DH replied with "Good catch", and DH has now changed the date on their end.

Bottom line is, I never would have caught the error without your post so big thanks for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Well, since I always get an e-preview ahead of time I just depend on DH's date. I fired off an email because I really didn't want to post my review early (or late for that matter). Anyway, the fellow at DH replied with "Good catch", and DH has now changed the date on their end.

Bottom line is, I never would have caught the error without your post so big thanks for that.

No problem Smile Glad to help out.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Thanks for that, Taral! I did find it odd that #4 wasn't listed on ebay on the day of supposed release, but that's not uncommon so I didn't think much of it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have to thank Reaves and especially Luceno, the PM has so much more depth to me now because of the wonderful books set just before it.

Nearly finished Cloak of Deception and it is great. Though after every Palpatine scene I expect him to turn around and there's Plagueis.

I can hear Neeson and Ewan in every word Luceno writes. I'm not a PT hater, but I was never one who enjoyed it enough to want to read books in the era. Now I have and I realise what a closed minded fool I was.

The only other PT era books I have waiting for me are the Yoda book and Labyrinth, Sith and Dark Lord. Are there any others I should check out?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm currently reading the Cloak of Deception too. I'm about halfway. I especially enjoyed the Master-Padawan relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Their relationship was always my favourite bit of the PM so it's really great to see more of that.

The appearances of characters like Tarkin and Bail Antilles make this book a joy to read.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I just wanted to comment on the article on EUCantina about upcoming EU material:

Just FYI, even though the Dark Horse website says "Star Wars: Legacy #4" is coming out this week, it isn't actually.

The book is shipping next week, according to both Comixology (who gets the info on shipping from Diamond) and also the store I go to.

I buy this comic and I like it a lot (Ania Solo is a really good character thus far). And I encourage others to check it out. Next week.

We'll have that fixed on our site as well. Thank you! Smile

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Finished Icarus Hunt and now on to Star Wars: The Clone Wars by Karen Traviss.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Finished Cloak and really enjoyed it, so much so that I'll put the Wraith's on hold and jump right into Labyrinth of Evil.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The highest compliment I can give Labyrinth is that is feels like a SW movie. Its that good. Almost half way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just Finished Winner Lose All, now going to start Scoundrels.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'll be picking up Scoundrels from my library tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Finally dove into The Last Jedi and am really surprised by how much I'm liking it. These Jax books get kinda crazy but this is wholly different from the last 3 so far. The scene had me really heartbroke so now I just can't put it down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Somehow I had never read Starfighters of Adumar. I'm reading it now and remembering how much I loved the Xwing books. Will be diving into Mercy Kill after this.
www.FanboysTalking.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 136 of 145