Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 181, 182, 183  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
After Hunger, I have now seen all watchable Michael Fassbender films. Y'all can't make me can watch Jonah Hex. Razz

Don't even try lol, its so awful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They allready made a deadpool movie, it had Clint Eastwood.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hoping to see World War Z this weekend. Loved the book, and while I know that it's not the same story, I still think it'll be fun.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote  

Quote:
They allready made a deadpool movie, it had Clint Eastwood.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thoughts on Monsters University:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote  

So, I finally saw Man of Steel. I'd have to say the movie was more fun to make fun of than to watch.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

^^I loved the movie, but suddenly I'm wondering what the movie would've been like had they re-cast Amy Adams with a man and called the character Louis Lane.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote  

I didn't realize I was spelling it wrong Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I saw Monsters University.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
^^I loved the movie, but suddenly I'm wondering what the movie would've been like had they re-cast Amy Adams with a man and called the character Louis Lane.

I'd watch that, but instead just keep her the same and take out Superman. Like my idea for Terminator Without Terminator.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Finally saw World War Z. I really enjoyed it.

I loved the book, and knew it would be different, but accepted it because I felt the style of the book (an oral re-telling of past events, from dozens of POVs) couldn't be adapted well into a movie. Instead, you could see elements from the various short stories in the new plot, which I really enjoyed.

I also liked the Fast Zombies in it. I know a lot of people were bothered by it, but it made the movie so much more tense.

So yes. World War Z. See it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's the only positive review of WWZ I've seen. You seem to have a pretty accepting viewpoint of most movies, which is not a bad thing. It's a very good thing, in fact, to be able to see the up side of things.

A lot of the negs were from book comparisons, which is to be expected. It's probably much more favorable to those who haven't read the book, or can mentally separate the two.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
That's the only positive review of WWZ I've seen. You seem to have a pretty accepting viewpoint of most movies, which is not a bad thing. It's a very good thing, in fact, to be able to see the up side of things.

A lot of the negs were from book comparisons, which is to be expected. It's probably much more favorable to those who haven't read the book, or can mentally separate the two.

Actually I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on it. From what I hear as long as you can separate the book from the film (they're unrelated outside title) then you can enjoy it. I plan on seeing it when it hits the cheap theatre because there are just other things I want to see but its on my list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

I enjoy movies Smile Even bad movies tend to have their redeeming qualities.

I knew for a fact that the book would be better. I love the book, and the Zombie Survival Guide. But I also knew that oral histories and numerous short stories that barely (if at all) interconnect would not make for a good movie.

When watching the movie, I remembered a lot of the short stories, and you could see them inspire details in the film, such as:

The Fast Zombies are different than the book's Romero Zombies, but their speed really created a sense of panic. Slow, lumbering zombies are scary, but in a completely different way that would not have worked in this story.

So even if the story was different, and the zombies were different, the movie remained enjoyable and even good. Maybe it just needed a different name.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Last night, the missus and I went to see "Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters." I had a lot of fun with it. The pacing was a bit off, and they diverge from the books in some rather significant ways (which bothered my wife, who read all the books, whereas I just read the first one so far), but I thought the story they told was fun and engaging.

I particularly liked what they did with Clarisse. Also, they started including more elements from the book mythos (the Mist, Talia's tree, Dionysus, etc.) They re-cast Chiron (apparently they couldn't get Pierce Brosnan again, but Anthony Stewart Head was really good). The humor was quite good too, with a really funny Christian joke, and an absolutely amazing Firefly reference by Nathan Fillion (which like 6 people laughed at in the theatre).

So yes. If you like the first movie, see the second one. If you loved the book, be prepared for major differences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 155 of 183