Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 197, 198, 199  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A 14 year old local girl (I know her father) just drops dead in the middle of the street during her routine running session. She had no diagnosed heart disease or anything and was not doping material subject. Crying or Very sad

What's worse is that ten people came running and checked her pulse (there was none) but non of them did anything but call 911 because, get this, they were afraid she might survive and sue them for brakeing her ribs. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
A 14 year old local girl (I know her father) just drops dead in the middle of the street during her routine running session. She had no diagnosed heart disease or anything and was not doping material subject. Crying or Very sad

What's worse is that ten people came running and checked her pulse (there was none) but non of them did anything but call 911 because, get this, they were afraid she might survive and sue them for brakeing her ribs. Shocked

The world makes me unhappy sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy, don't you have a "Good Samaritan" law where you live? The law protects people who give aid in an emergency. Every state in the U.S. has a Good Samaritan law.

Because of the medical TV shows, people have gotten this misconception about CPR. Survival rate of CPR on TV is 66%. Hospital rate for all patients is 15%. Survival rate with good function increases when the duration of CPR is less than 5 minutes and the patient is in a hospital ICU.

I'm not saying no one's ever survived a field CPR situation, but the odds are very much not on their side.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Here It's a criminal offence if you are on the scene and you don't help the victim (similar to hit and run). The problem is that the law doesn't say to what extend you are required to help (because a 10yo doesn't know how to help the victim, but everyone with a driving licence has to undergo basic first aid traning), so the goverment won't prosecute you if you call 911 (our numbers are actually 112 and 113) but don't do CPR.

We hear lots of stories that people sue their rescuers because they didn't help them properly, even when its a decision between risking complete paralysis vs leting a man burn alive. Those stories supposedly originated from U.S. so I guess they're BS. I didn't know you have a Good Samaritan law there, I thought that was something Sienfeld made up.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My Habs shirt is missing.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I've gotten dressed down by my boss two days in a row, for idiotic reasons.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote  

I bought an AT-AT canopy from an overseas seller on eBay. Part never arrived, so I contacted the seller. They reassured me it was on the way. Waited another week, contacted them again, and they said they would send another AT-AT canopy (they had several). Waited several more weeks and the part never arrived. Now I'm past eBay's 45 rule (which I didn't know about) so I can't file a case with eBay for a missing item, I can't leave any feedback for the seller, and the seller will not refund my purchase.

Needless to say, I will never buy an item from kittybutler0 again.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Found out at work this afternoon that a co-worker (he was a part time staff member, not a volunteer like me) died Thursday at the age of 67; his funeral was yesterday. Cannot believe it. I worked with him quite a bit last year. He was a great acqaintance (I hesitate to use the term friend since we didn't really know each other very long.) We always talked quite a bit whenever there were quiet spells with no visitors. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Things like that just happen sometimes Alan. Remember him.

@Skuldren Paypal or something? Worked wonders for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I can't be at HeroesCon Sad
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not feeling so good today. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I work for a car company that owns 2 lots, one big one full of new cars and one small one full of old cars that barely run. The small one is basically under my jurisdiction. We got a new lot manager recently and he's a 50 year old man who's lived so hard he looks 70 and still lives with his mother...just to give you an indication of his mindset he's basically an insecure 20 year old power tripping, but they love him because he always looks busy.

So today I go in and I have to run down to the lot I'm in charge of because there's a van without a buyer's guide in it, which can result in a $10,000 fine. I had to put it through service for a wholesale inspection to get a list of what was wrong with it and put the sticker up in it. When I got back with it our new manager threw a fit because I hadn't straightened the lot first and instead went to get the van to avoid the fine. Me not doing his crap first apparently made one of the managers ask him why the lot wasn't straight yet, and he took that as a slight and them commenting on his job instead of just a suggestion. So I got sent home early and I'll probably get fired tomorrow. All because I tried to help them avoid a multi-thousand dollar fine.

I'm beyond enraged at them, but I've spent the day watching TV and playing Zelda so I guess its a mixed bag (even though they basically cost me a day's pay).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Power tripping managers are the bane of, well, everyone's existence at least once in their lifetime, and I feel for you, dude. Is there a manager above this guy you could talk to, explain your side of things? And, while I'm not savvy on the legal things, you might have a case for wrongful termination, if it comes to that.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dang. That sucks, Caedus. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Update: I was fired today. I'm pretty mad, but I've got a couple job possibilities so its not all bad I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 190 of 199