Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Big 3 won't be on the casting call because they've either already cast Ford, Fisher, and Hamill in the roles, or they are writing the characters out of the film if they can't get them.

A love triangle would be interesting since that was what was speculated upon as being the cause of Anakin's fall originally.

I'm curious to see if they stick to that casting call to the letter though. It reads a lot like the ones used on Lost, which is why my description of what a real one would look like in reaction to the fake one NAILED IT. And on Lost, I don't think that they always necessarily followed the casting call with regard to age.

TBH, I was expecting the leads to be in the late 20s/early 30s range due to it being the 33 year anniversary of Return of the Jedi this year, under the assumption that Episode VII would be seeing a similar jump and that Han and Leia would be having children relatively soon after Return of the Jedi. Perhaps the late 20s male is their son, and one of the teenage girls is their daughter, with the other one being Luke's daughter?

I'm not entirely sure that Luke will have children if he's in the Obi-Wan mold. It's more likely he'll have a padawan that will be like a child to him, much as Obi-Wan was like a father to him, and in the same way that Qui-Gon and then Obi-Wan filled the paternal role for Anakin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Interesting that they're going for what looks like a female lead, which goes along with the rumors coming up since day one. This could be huge for Star Wars.

I also think the seventy-something male sounds suspiciously like Han Solo... I know they aren't including the Big 3 in the casting call, but I still couldn't help but have that thought cross my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There exists a decent possibility that there's some (fan self induced) misdirection at work. The starring roles in the film could be something not subject to an open casting call, but are being handled directly by the casting director directly reaching out to actors whom Kennedy, Abrams, et al. will think fit the role. Thus, the characters on the casting call would be secondary characters.

The age ranges still suggest that the main characters will be in that twenties range, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Quote:
Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking

You know, I'm a young twenty-something male. And some would say witty, smart and fit though not traditionally good looking ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Quote:
Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking

You know, I'm a young twenty-something male. And some would say witty, smart and fit though not traditionally good looking ...

I was thinking the exact same thing. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess the source article says these are the main characters so these aren't secondary characters.

Also, I can be the later 20s guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
The Big 3 won't be on the casting call because they've either already cast Ford, Fisher, and Hamill in the roles, or they are writing the characters out of the film if they can't get them.

Yeah, I know. Han Solo is just the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the description of the seventy-something guy. Razz

Crash Override wrote:
I'm not entirely sure that Luke will have children if he's in the Obi-Wan mold. It's more likely he'll have a padawan that will be like a child to him, much as Obi-Wan was like a father to him, and in the same way that Qui-Gon and then Obi-Wan filled the paternal role for Anakin.

I've been wondering about that for a while... especially if Abrams, Arndt etc. carry over the celibacy thing from the Prequels. On the other hand, it would be weird to have a Star Wars trilogy without a young Skywalker.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Just Ignore the EU! don't destroy it
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I can accept things about the EU are going to get changed. But can't they just ignore it save for major characters like the big 3 and the kids. The fans will scream a lot less if they don't make some big changes like Leia married Lando or Han's kids are named Timmy and Tina. Just ignore most of it JJ don't destroy it!

Last edited by Rapp on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh yeah, John Noble for the character in his 70s plz.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
Quote:

Well, Life, the problem is that you'd almost by necessity need to play an Imperial. From Episode IV on, all English-accented people are villains, or otherwise date back to the days of the Old Republic (which a 20-something would not).

That said, how well can do you an American accent? Can you do a Hugh Laurie as Dr. House? Or a Stephen Merchant as Wheatley in that one scene: "I'm talking to you in an accent that's beyond her range of hearing!"?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Re: Just Ignore the EU! don't destroy it
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Rapp wrote:
I can except things about the EU are going to get changed. But can't they just ignore it save for major characters like the big 3 and the kids. The fans will scream a lot less if they don't make some big changes like Leia married Lando or Han's kids are named Timmy and Tina. Just ignore most of it JJ don't destroy it!

Hello and welcome to the cantina!

I think most posters on the forum are pretty resigned to the likelihood that the post ROTJ EU will be completely debunked or moved to an 'alternative timeline'. I think Han and Leia being married is a dead cert, other then that I'm bracing myself for everything we know to be ripped up. I still hold a slight hope that we'll be surprised!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ True, as "worried" as I am about our EU, lately I've just decided to enjoy the feeling of not knowing. As much as I loved SW when the prequels came out I did not know enough about the EU to worry about continuity, so I just watched and smiled along. But a decade later I have such a love for SW that I almost feel like "Wow they're actually making a movie about MY hobbie!!" And have almost gotten to the point where they could scrap it all, simply mention ONE throw away line about an event in the EU and I would giggle like a school girl the whole way out of theater.......

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It felt vindicating back in 1999 to hear Liam Neeson say "Coruscant."

But before then it was pronounced with a hard C. Koruskant.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Quote:

Well, Life, the problem is that you'd almost by necessity need to play an Imperial. From Episode IV on, all English-accented people are villains, or otherwise date back to the days of the Old Republic (which a 20-something would not).

That said, how well can do you an American accent? Can you do a Hugh Laurie as Dr. House? Or a Stephen Merchant as Wheatley in that one scene: "I'm talking to you in an accent that's beyond her range of hearing!"?

I'm okay with Imperials. You never know, it might turn out that I'd be Jag Razz . I like accents, but I think my American is a little rusty - and perhaps wasn't that good to begin with.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Life, you could play a protocol droid!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 14 of 24