Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dude, that would - I have no - yes please! I can so do stiff, wooden acting. Make it happen, Abrams. R2 Slide
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At Celebration Europe, Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that John Williams will indeed compose Episode VII and that the new movie will rely less on CGI and more on physical locations and props. Both bits of news please me. Smile

Source: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-7-will-have-less-cgi--more-real-effects-104549024.html

As for the recent casting rumours... Ryan Gosling? Sure. Zach Efron? Please no...

Source: All over the internet

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sadly Gosling has already denied the rumor. He's actually thinking of taking a few years off from acting and get behind the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm hoping we get some casting news at D23.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
At Celebration Europe, Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that John Williams will indeed compose Episode VII and that the new movie will rely less on CGI and more on physical locations and props. Both bits of news please me. Smile

Source: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-7-will-have-less-cgi--more-real-effects-104549024.html

As for the recent casting rumours... Ryan Gosling? Sure. Zach Efron? Please no...

This is great news from Kathleen. Having John Williams score will go a long way to making theme new movies feel like they belong in the Star Wars universe.

As for casting, I would much prefer to see some talented unknowns in the lead roles. Whoever gets cast some people will love and others will hate, however I think the world would unite in hate against the casting of Zach Efron.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

less CGI, yeah riiight. Compared to Pixar, maybe.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I agree that casting unknowns would probably be better. Star power is nice, but people already have preconceived ideas about what they'll get from big names.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I say cast unknowns for the main roles, star power for supporting roles. Kinda like Harry Potter - the kids were unknowns, but the adults were some of the best actors and actresses that Britain had to offer.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

GrandMaster wrote:
I say cast unknowns for the main roles, star power for supporting roles. Kinda like Harry Potter - the kids were unknowns, but the adults were some of the best actors and actresses that Britain had to offer.

That also fits the Star Wars mould and it's the way I expect Abrams to take the casting. The OT had Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing, The PT had Liam Neeson, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGreggor. Established actors supporting a cast of relative unknowns.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Reepicheep wrote:

I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on this. I love what they did with the PT with regards to Coruscant, but I also like the locations as well. Let's just hope that they have a good mix of both.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ryan Gosling's agent already denied the rumor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

AdmiralSteven wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on this. I love what they did with the PT with regards to Coruscant, but I also like the locations as well. Let's just hope that they have a good mix of both.

I think that if something can be done for real, it should be. CGI should be used only when necessary. Movies always look better that way (e.g. compare LotR to the Hobbit, the first two Narnia movies to "Dawn Treader", and the Dark Knight trilogy to every other superhero movie). Unless it's Pixar.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote  

With Celebration Anaheim being April 2015, is it safe to assume Episode VII will be out in May? For Celebration I and III, both of them were in April with May movie releases. Celebration II was very beginning of May with AOTC a few weeks afterwards.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm pretty sure The Avengers 2 is set for a May release - Disney might hold SW for later in the summer so they don't have to compete at the box office.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

RUMOR: Ian McDiarmid returning for Episode VII

Very questionable but I figure I'd throw it in here. It's a bit interesting though, given Ian's comments at CEII.

My issue with the "Emporer's Clones" plotline in Dark Empire was that the saga ended with the Emporer's defeat, and that bringing him back somewhat cheapened the films. If they decide to go that route for Episode VII though, I might be open to it, seeing as Return of the Jedi isn't the conclusion after all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 15 of 34