Celebration Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celebration Europe
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hello everyone!

As I couldn't find an thread dedicated to Celebration Europe I decided to start one! (If there already is one I apologize, I'm super new here so I might have missed one in my search)

I was wondering who was going to Celebration Europe and if so what are you looking forward to? I realize most of you are probably from North America but I'm sure there are some UK and European fans on here who are coming! I'm going for the whole 3 three days and I can't wait!

I hope to see some of you there!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Huh, that's odd. I thought we did have one, but a search produced nothing. Well, now we do!

There are indeed a few people from the UK and continental Europe here (me being one of the former). Sadly, though, I can't go. Would absolutely love to, though.

If you don't mind my asking, where are you from? Your English is very good; there are no grammar mistakes that I could use to deduce your first language. Though I'd hazard a guess at German? Since it's in Germany, and you're able to go for all three days. Although, Lara was originally a Russian name, though that doesn't necessarily prove you're of Russian descent, since names are, in essence, migratory. Sorry, I'm a language nut, and I like to puzzle these things out.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I totally understand your fascination with languages! And thanks for your compliment! I always try to use proper grammar. (Sometimes I still fail horribly though but that's just part of writing in a foreign language.)

You were quite close with your guess, I'm from the Netherlands. Essen is only a 2,5 hour drive away so it's quite close. I am staying in a hotel though because driving 5 hours a day is way too much!

It's a shame you can't go! Maybe next time Celebration Europe will be hosted in the UK. It also would be logical because the UK has a rather large Star Wars fanbase.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah, the Netherlands! Now that's a fascinating country, and a wonderful language. The word structure, particularly etymologically speaking, is thoroughly interesting. If I recall correctly, I think there's another Netherlander here.

I should have checked the location. With the closest border being about 40 miles it makes sense one from France or the Netherlands could make it a road trip. For some reason I thought it was in central Germany. Generally speaking, one would normally fly in, which reduces the likelihood of them staying for an extended period.

Well, I hope you do have a great time! I shall be quite jealous. Never had a chance to get to a convention myself.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Will be travelling from England for my first Celebration Smile
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Awesome! Are you staying for all three days or just one? I've been to Celebration V and it was great so I'm really looking forward to this celebration!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

All 3 days, flying over Thursday afternoon and flying back Monday afternoon
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Celebration starts in about an hour! I'm so excited!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:12 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lucky!!!!! Have fun all who get to attend! Take/post pics as soon as possible!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just got back last Friday (28th) from a holiday in Northumbria (UK) with friends. I like to go to Celebration sometime, but couldn't afford Europe, let alone America, at the moment. Still, the holiday with friends was great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I managed to get to Orlando from London last summer, but couldn't make the short trip to Germany!

Hope you guys had a great time. It was my first Celebration last year and I hope it won't be my last. I loved it from start to finish.

California in 2015 sounds good to me!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'll try to post some pictures a soon as I figure out how to!

There were lots of cool costumes! There even was a guy dressed up as Thrawn! He might have been my favourite. Sadly there was no air conditioning in the convention center so all the people in costumes (including me) were really hot. And I don't mean the good kind. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PadawanSparkles wrote:
I'll try to post some pictures a soon as I figure out how to!

If my memory serves me correctly, you can't post (upload) a pic here directly, but must upload it on one of the sites that support that (take your pick there are a lot of them around the net). Than just post its link here using the Img button.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1