Star Wars Podcasts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I've found that there's two types of Star Wars podcasts that I've been seeking and unable to find. I'm assuming that they don't exist, but if they do by all means let me know.

They are:

1) A Star Wars literary podcast which features dialogue between two or more people -- or even a round table discussion -- about a particular book. I've seen some one-off episodes of podcasts, like the ForceCast had one for Darth Plagueis, but I am curious to see if there's one that exists specifically to go through each novel of the Expanded Universe, as well as perhaps comic arcs like Dark Empire, Crimson Empire, Dawn of the Jedi arcs, etc.

Here's an HP Lovecraft podcast that does precisely what I mean:

http://hppodcraft.com/

2) A Star Wars lore podcast, which features short episodes discussing particular topics of Star Wars lore, which would out of necessity need to be an EU podcast since what you see is what you get in the films. For instance, one episode might be about the origins of the Sith, or the Great Sith War, or Rogue Squadron, etc.

Here's an Elder Scrolls lore podcast that does precisely what I mean:

http://elderlore.wordpress.com/

I'm thinking I might try my hand at #2. I think the common thread here, if those things don't exist and I'm not just ignorant of them, is that Expanded Universe specific SW podcasts aren't too common. Most Star Wars podcasts I've seen either cover SWTOR, or cover the current news about Star Wars -- which was true even before the Disney sequel trilogy stuff.

I find this strange because the amount of EU content would allow a podcast about the EU to continue in perpetuity, because you would never run out of content to discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

For your EU book by book podcast, I go with "Temple Archives A Star Wars Podcast" a little slow but I agree there isn't much in the way of individual book break downs. If you find more let me know

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote  

I second the recommendation of Temple Archives (aka Star Wars Book Report). Also, have you tried Star Wars Beyond the Films? They cover the books and comics in detail, and also dig into the lore a bit.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Ditto
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Right now Beyond the Films is my fav. I really enjoy Mark's passion and Nate's intelligence. Beyond that I listen to both Clone Wars pod casts and Star Wars Book Worms.

For non-Star Wars pod casts Riddles in the Dark is quite good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Haven't had a chance to listen in months but SWBTF has always been my favorite. Nathan can be kind of harsh but he knows his sh*t and Mark is so much fun to me. You guys are the best. Believe me guys, I'm coming back.
Y'all have the best perspective and it completely fits mine. Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote  

Star Wars Bookworms is another good one. Hosts are Aaron Goins and Teresa Delgado. They often show up as guests on The Star Wars Report podcast.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

It really is too bad that temple archives has now disappeared. Does anyone have downloaded episodes that they can share?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote  

I'm in the same boat. There's old episodes I'd like to listen to but their site is crapped out. It's odd because they're still active on social media, but I've never got a response from them on what's up with the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It is sad, this was the best book by book break down available. It was the lack of this podcast that made me want to re-fire up the Cantina book club, I really miss the complete break down.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

On a better note, I recently found Star Wars Stacks and so far it has been great. They cover one book per month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3