Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote  

YES YES YES YES!

Too excited to be more coherent.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote  

So what does everyone want to see in the new Battlefront game? The classic OT battles? Battle from the whole saga? More opportunities to play as the heroes? More vehicle combat?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I want them to do more than just the movies. Sure let's include the movies, but also go beyond it. I would love a New Jedi Order campaign to be included, or a New Republic era.

As for other features, I wouldn't mind more heroes but also the option to pick which hero you have leading your troops during Galactic Conquest.

I never actually liked the vehicle combat in Battlefront. So I wouldn't mind if they tossed the ability to control one while keeping having to fight against them. However instead of having them be easily defeated have it be a major struggle. A single walker could taken down a company of troops, but in the game a few well placed rockets and it's dead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote  

I'd honestly like to see some of the customization options introduced in Battlefield 3. Namely being able to choose your weapon (within class restrictions) and customize it with different attachments. Similarly balance weapons so they have pros/cons that suite different play styles, not just identical stat wise except for skin.

I'd also like to see much, much larger maps starting with Hoth. I never really felt that BF I or II did justice to the movies since you basically have the walker funneled into this narrow corridor. I'd much prefer to see something that's huge and relatively flat (like in the movie) with 8+ AT-ATs and room to fly snowspeeders. Having played Battlefield games I never felt Battlefront had maps that were large enough to really make vehicle combat fun and not a quick A to B through a narrow corridor.

Same goes for space, make the maps much larger. Not perhaps quite as large as in X-Wing but much, much bigger than in BFII.

Oh and for the love of heaven support the game post launch this time with regular bug fixes! No more of this moronic "launch BFII, patch a few things in one or two patches and then abandon it to hackers/glitchers."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

BFII was great, in that it showed the same film battles, but from a different perspective - in that it was from a single clone trooper, took that one story from Geonosis to Hoth. With III, they could do this, but I will probably be disappointed (still buy it, though). Three games in and still sticking to the movies? They can do better. That doesn't necessarily mean that they delve into EU battles, just that they come up with new battles, new situations. I'd also like them to go away from the heroes. That's part of the attraction of the BF games: you're not jedi, but grunts. Vehicle combat would be great - I really enjoyed the Bespin level - though I'm an infantry man. My main interest is in how they change the dynamics of the battles. In I, it was essentially grab all bases/kill everyone. In II, they introduced specific objectives. In both, it often came down to me being the last man standing, up against dozens of enemies (not complaining, I found that to be a lot of fun), and so I'd be interested in how they change that, if they do.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought the original Battlefront aged better than the second because of its simplicity. Like Life said, it's about the last man standing. There were no powerups, no unlockable classes, and no playable heroes. I hope DICE's reboot will veer away from the gimmicks that we got in Battlefront II, and instead focus on a solid strategic shooter that will bring us back to the original.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote  

Given how some of the powerups were very buggy and possibly less helpful than default weapons (upgraded "sniper" rifle I'm looking at you) I agree they should skip that stuff next time.

I do think they could learn a lot from Battlefield 3. Particularly in the realm of gadgets and weapons that allow players more diverse gameplay with a class (and more adaptive to specific maps). Not only does it give you a reason to play long term (with leveling up to get new toys) but it also makes trying out classes more appealing since you can customize them to your playstyle.

Page 8 of 8