Sign this petition to keep all the mediums canon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess inquiries about Sword of the Jedi have been met with "wait until SDCC," so they might announce what the future of the EU is in a few weeks there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote  

I doubt we'll get an announcement about Sword of the Jedi at SDCC. The Episode VII front has been moving pretty slow. Until they are prepared to make some announcement about the plot or direction of the film, I doubt we'll hear anything about the future of post-ROTJ books.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
AdmiralSteven wrote:
So in this context, canon and continuity are pretty much one in the same? That's good to know. The canon/continuity of the story line is the one thing I like about Star Wars.

Werehunter wrote:
With Abrams involved, the EU is more than likely Dead on Arrival. I remember reading a story that he wanted to control all aspects of Star Trek when he signed on with the reboot, which would include not airing the TV series and merchandise from those series to make it clear his vision was Star Trek from that point out. That was rejected, mainly because the original series is owned by a few companies, one of which would make no profit from Star Trek that way.

However, I can easily see Disney agreeing to such a condition, which will mean everything in the EU that's already made will no longer be valid. I wouldn't be surprised if they slowly wind down printing older books and comics, at least the ones they control.

If the EU is dead on arrival, then it may be Disney's doing and not Abbrams' doing. I could be wrong and we certainly won't know for sometime to come, but until the movie comes out, or more definitive information on it comes out, we won't know. I know it's killing a lot of people not knowing, myself included, but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I cant blame Disney. LUCAS SOLD THE FRANCHISE. I blame him. haha

Ok, I give you that one. haha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/08/disney-is-betting-everything-on-jj.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Quote:
I heard from sources close to Abrams that his involvement with Star Wars will be huge. For now he may only be directing Episode 7 but also he will supervise and consult all other side projects from the franchise - games, spin-off movies, TV series etc. And while Kathleen Kennedy will be the managing core of the franchise Abrams will be the creative core through which everything will pass.

I have no clue how reliable the site is, but this is what I was afraid of. Since he tried to do away with everything Star Trek that did not line up with his films, if this is true I don't see much future in the current EU. The most I can see them doing is finishing up the already contracted works and then building from the new movies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It looks like a news aggregate site, but this particular article has no attribution. That the quoted part is given a different font color on the site indicates that it's a quote from elsewhere, but the absence of attribution suggests that it's a source that the writer for the site knows.

If Abrams really had creative control, it hasn't gone into effect yet since Dark Horse is still doing its thing, as is Del Rey with its content that precedes or is concurrent with the film saga. And if it has, that would suggest that Abrams doesn't care about EU not directly connected to Episode VII.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 2