Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarthMRN wrote:
the others kept staring into them really creepily, as if they were constantly shocked or angry.

That's how I felt watching Jar Jar on screen and listening to Best dialogue, so I think they got it right.

Also some synchronicity, yesterday Cracked posted an article about movie remakes that had worse FX than the original and not specifically about SW, but everything that I said here was said in the comments section. Wink
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Abrams is going to film Episode VII using 35mm film cameras. AotC and RotS were shot digitally. The old school trend continues.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/jj-abrams-to-shoot-star-wars-episode-vii-in-35mm-film-with-cinematographer-dan-mindel-20130822

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's fairly disappointing. Confused That's one of the reasons I was initially repulsed by JJ's direction. It's not that big a deal in the scheme of things though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Anything to make 7 look like an up-to date OT film is good in my book.

Thumbs way up for this one. It reassures me that JJ knows what he is doing, if one of his first implulses is to do this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I don't particularly care one way or the other. He could shoot it with shadow puppets, for all I cared, as long as it's good.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Because of the news black-out, I don't think the fact that Episode VII will be in theatres in 2015 has even hit me yet.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Because of the news black-out, I don't think the fact that Episode VII will be in theatres in 2015 has even hit me yet.

There's also the whole "lack of release date" thing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The movie hasn't even been made yet, how can they have a release date? They have a schedule, it's not like they are just yanking us around on whether or not this thing gets done.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
The movie hasn't even been made yet, how can they have a release date? They have a schedule, it's not like they are just yanking us around on whether or not this thing gets done.

Release dates these days are announced before the casting is even complete. They want to get it nailed down and put the crew on a time limit to make sure it gets done when the studio wants it done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bob Iger announced at D23 Expo that Episode VII would release "summer, 2015". All this talk about winter of 2015 is just speculation by fans. Could Disney decide to change the release date? Of course. Warner's did it with Harry Potter. The Harry Potter movies always released around Thanksgiving until Warner's decided it wanted to delay HP for the summer blockbuster season.

But this is Star Wars we're talking about. Anyone who doesn't think Episode VII will knock the socks off the competition at least on opening weekend is deluded. That's one opening weekend box office that's going to be amazing. Episode VII is going to have 3 generations of fans going to see it.

Harrison Ford plays Han Solo in Star Wars sequel???
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really hope Harrison Ford plays Han Solo in the Star Wars sequel!!! Very Happy

He's simply amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE5iic2aTPg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Spambot detected.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm not a spambot lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha. Wink

*awkward silence ensues*

In all seriousness though, I hope Harrison Ford is in Episode VII as well. Even though Luke is my favourite of the Big 3, I think I'm most excited to see Han again. It would be pretty much unbearable if he was recast. Sad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I personally wouldn't mind if the Big 3 were re-cast. However, that's only if they wanted to set the ST only 10 or so years after RotJ. You can't have Hamill and Fisher back and then have Charlie Sheen playing Han alongside them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 18 of 33