Fan Phenomena - Star Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan Phenomena - Star Wars
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 am Reply with quote  

Fan Phenomena - Star Wars is a cool book that is a collection of essays covering the phenomena of the Star Wars franchise and the fandom that creates and supports it. The book covers a range of topics...

- Fashion (Cosplay, high street fashion trends)
- Language (eg. Slang, parlance, dialect; words and phrases particular to each ‘phenomenon’)
- Character/characterization
- Fan Media (fan fiction, art, fan films)
- The virtual (videogames, fan-films, role-play, blogs, fan forums)
- Philosophies (cod-religions that have evolved from the source phenomena)
- Economics (merchandise, branding, memorabilia)

It also mentions a few members of the fandom, including fanzines, fanfilms and fansites such as EUCantina. I thought the shout outs to fansites was pretty neat.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote  

If anyone would like a free copy, we're running a giveaway on Roqoo Depot. Just send us a picture of your book/toy/Star Wars collection and we'll pick a winner on Friday. Still time to enter if you want to win.

http://roqoodepot.com/2013/08/23/win-a-free-copy-of-fan-phenomena-star-wars/

I may be willing to ship overseas if anyone wants to enter and is not in the US.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cool, I'm going to enter now!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote  

Oooo, sorry Proudfoot. Contest ended today. We already announced the winner, too. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh, that's a shame. Not to worry though!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1