Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 197, 198, 199  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It seems like she's okay. Looks like it's an infection.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good to hear that Reep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All things considered that's good news, at least its nothing more serious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My maternal grandfather somehow fractured his hip earlier this year; he'd been having some hip pain since at least mid April, but had no idea what was causing it. When he went to the doctor at the end of May, they told him it was a fracture and gave him a pair of crutches to use until they could set up a date for surgery to be done.

He's been on those crutches all of June, July, and so far in August and the surgery still hasn't been scheduled because he and my grandmother keep getting the runaround with the VA office and having to sign a bunch of papers to move things forward only to be told they're on hold.

In the middle of all that, their dog was caught by something in the pasture that literally took a chunk of meat out of her body; maggots later started crawling in the wounds and even though they were eating the infection it started to get to the point where they were eating their way up the dog's back. She got sick and despite all they were doing to treat her at home (they couldn't afford to take her to the vet) it looked like it was over for her. She amazingly recovered, but it'll be a while before she heals up completely, plus she hasn't had a rabies shot in four years so that's a lingering worry.

Also, my cousin and I have both gotten screwed over by our colleges so bad that we can't go to school this fall. His college told him the FA didn't go through even though he applied for it and the deadline last Friday came and went without any sign of the money, so he can't go. I got accepted to a state college for Library Sciences, but they bungled my admissions process; as a result I didn't get any grants AND they kept us hanging till the end of July before I found I'd been accepted. I didn't get any of the scholarships I applied for and tution is too much to handle without taking out loans, which we don't want to do. So for the first time since I started elementary school, I won't be in class for at least part of a school year. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Feeling sad tonight. Crying or Very sad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My gripe is that people are outraged and will not shut up about a pop singer performing an outrageous spectacle on a TV show whose sole purpose is to show pop singers performing outrageous spectacles.

Are these people being paid by the record companies to create fake publicity in response to a fake publicity stunt? Or are the reptilians just feeding off of our brain waves a little too much? Both?
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Grumble, grumble, grumble.. another Dragon Con and I'm not there Sad
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I had dental surgery on Friday. Not severe, just a gum graft, but I struggled all weekend to feel human. I have this patch over the affected gum, and when I move my face in certain ways, it pulls my lips tight over the patch and causes pain.

I hate going to the dentist. But I figure a bit of pain here is better than lots of pain later when my gums recede too far.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This summer has been a bad one, and family issues are only multiplying.

My maternal grandfather was finally able to get his surgery scheduled for Sept. 23 - eleven days from now and the day after my birthday. Now, however, his mother-in-law - my great-grandmother - has developed health problems. She also has Alzhemiers. The doctors may have no choice but to operate, but she is 86 years old and there's no guarantee she'll make it through surgery.

My paternal grandmother had a heart stent done last month. She had to stay overnight since they got to her so late in the day. At one point she passed out cold in the bathroom after complaining about feeling sick and my grandfather had to call several times before a nurse finally came in - her room was the farthest from the nurse's station and there were only two nurses to cover several rooms. I shudder to think about what could have happened if my GF wasn't there and no one found her for a while.

To top it all off, the parent company that owns the furniture plant Dad works at just filed for bantruptcy, and he's not sure what's going to happen at work in the next few months.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry for the double post, but my great grandmother will have to have surgery. It's set for tomorrow morning.

With two surgeries to deal with(Great Grandma's tomorrow, my grandfather's next Monday), as well as two b-day parties for yours truly, the rest of this week and all of next week are going to be crazy. Please pray for all of us, but especially that my great-grandma makes it through surgery with no complications, and for my grandmother. Mamaw is dealing with a double whammy of two surgeries in less than a week and it's going to be pretty hard on her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be praying for you and your family, Alan.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks, Reep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds like your family's going through a tough time, Alan. I'll pray for you and I'm wishing you the best of luck.

My gripe is that I got trolled (if I can use the internet term) by my local radio station today. I was listening to the news on my way to school this morning when there was an ad break. Eerie music started playing and a deep voice said: "One show to rule them all..." and Gollum saying "My precioussss...". That's when I sat up and listened with real interest and I thought: "Cool! A Lord of the Rings show on my own local radio station!"
My smile dropped when the music stopped and a guy from around 17 said: "Okay, this Lord of the Rings approach isn't working at all!" Turns out that it was just an ad for this stupid teen show that's been on for some time!
That pretty much ruined my day! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sunday we visited my grandparents who live out of town and my grandpa gave me his accordian that's been in the family for a long time telling me that he's been waiting for the right moment to give it to me. He gave my sister a bunch of books she wanted to have for some time and a beautiful art piece he made himself to my dad. Today we got the news he died in his sleep.
I don't know if he knew his time was coming or that it was pure coincidence he knew when to give us those things but I can say for sure, it just wouldn't have the same special feeling if he didn't give it to us personally... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm so sorry for your loss Jaina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 192 of 199