Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not from the Uk, nor have I see the series, but from IMDB:

Quote:

Sex & Nudity

6/10

Contains sex scenes and limited nudity.

In some episodes female bare breasts , male rear nudity, child birth, are visible.

Violence & Gore

-murder -execution

I don't know if they have TV ratings, but it sounds around 15 film rating to me.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

There's the occasional sex scene - maybe on an average of one an episode - and it's usually just brief, and some minor nudity. Although, personally I don't think it's that great a series, so I'd say you're not missing much.

On another note, in the imdb thing that Dog quoted, why is 'child birth' including in the sex and nudity bit? Sure, there may be nudity (in this case there wasn't any except for a flash of thigh) but it's hardly like the woman's going to flash her boobs, or something. If anything it should be under 'blood and gore' ....
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
why is 'child birth' including in the sex and nudity bit?

When you get a little older, we'll have a talk about it, son.

I'm not sure about that rating, it might be 18,which is what shows like Game of Thrones and Spartacus are due to violence.

As an American I can't really understand this concept since we are forbidden to ever show male genitalia anywhere ever, and if you watch a show where they even talk about sex on TV...unless you pay extra for it...the FCC sends a nun to your house to slap your knuckles with a ruler. But family films are permitted to show violence, so long as they keep it under 300 people killed on screen.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
why is 'child birth' including in the sex and nudity bit?

When you get a little older, we'll have a talk about it, son.

I'm not sure about that rating, it might be 18,which is what shows like Game of Thrones and Spartacus are due to violence.

As an American I can't really understand this concept since we are forbidden to ever show male genitalia anywhere ever, and if you watch a show where they even talk about sex on TV...unless you pay extra for it...the FCC sends a nun to your house to slap your knuckles with a ruler. But family films are permitted to show violence, so long as they keep it under 300 people killed on screen.

Rolling Eyes

To be fair, the UK is rather prudish - but mainly in comparison to other European countries. We have cop shows on the BBC that show nude people. Granted, they're dead, but still. Actually, one I can recommend, if you're not put off by nudity (or dead people) is Silent Witness. Nudity just isn't that big a deal, even for the BBC.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

It's on DVD now and I just finished watching it, Orphan Black. A really good show worth checking out if you like thrillers with some sci-fi mixed in. The main actress is amazing.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Murray1134 wrote:
It's on DVD now and I just finished watching it, Orphan Black. A really good show worth checking out if you like thrillers with some sci-fi mixed in. The main actress is amazing.

Watched the first episode, I was intrigued.

In America most decent BBC shows hit Netflix eventually, I'll watch it when its available like that and I can power through it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I started watching Little House on the Prarie this morning. Already blazed through "A Harvest of Friends," "Country Girl," "100 Mile Walk," and am now on "Mr. Edward's Homecoming." I've watched some of the show here and there in the past, but never from beginning to end.

As much as I like the show from what little I've seen, I do wish the writers and producers had paid more attention to the actual timeline of events, because the way some things played out on the show strains credulity.

The birth and death of Charles Fredrick Ingalls in Season One's "The Lord Is My Shepherd I/II." Laura looks to be only six or seven when she was, in reality, eight at the time of Freddie's birth. Freddie himself was nine months old when he died, not a few weeks as the show depicts.

Grace Ingalls looks to be only four or five in Season Eight's "Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow I/II." She was actually nine when Rose was born. And need I say anything about the fact that Rose was quite obviously NOT born in December on the show? In addition, quite a bit of time elapses on the show between Freddie's death and Grace's birth when in reality Caroline was either already pregnant or became pregnant with Grace sometime around Freddie's death; he died in August 1876 and Grace was born in May 1877.

It also looks like there's some sort of time jump in Season Six; Laura still looked pretty young in "May We Make Them Proud II" and then a handful of episodes later - "Sweet Sixteen," followed by "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not I/II" and the Season Seven opener "Laura Ingalls Wilder I/II," she and Almanzo are betrothed, told to wait two years before Charles relents and lowers the period to one year, and then marry.

Put simply; the show itself is great, but the timeline is a friggin' mess.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mom recorded the pilot episode of CW's "Reign" last night and I watched it this morning. A decent start to the show, but TPTB could have done so much better. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season develops and whether interest stays high enough for it to be renewed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's weird. TV listing has the pilot on tonight at 7 pm my time. I don't hold out much hope for historical accuracy here. Mary Stuart went to France when she was 5, not 15.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Actually, Cerrina,

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

(I think I got it right: the dialogue was hard to understand most of the time due to the horrid background msic and the captioning lagged a second or two behind the dialogue the entire hour.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think that's about the only thing they got right. Well a couple of other things:

Catherine de Medici was Nostradamus' patron.

Diane de Poitiers was the mistress of King Henry, and he did let her take precedence over Queen Catherine.

However, the idea that Mary and her ladies in waiting wouldn't know how to behave at court is ludicrous. These girls were raised and trained for that. Also, their names were unbelievable: Lola & Greer? That bit left me speechless.

Also Francis was a sickly young man. Portraying him as a robust teenager is really a fiction.

I'm not even going to start on the clothes & hair.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

It's the CW. Y'all expected accuracy and high quality? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
It's the CW. Y'all expected accuracy and high quality? Wink

LOL

Anyone catching The Witches of East End? Man that show is so goofily stupid, it's entertaining in a very idiotic way.

Just suspend your brain and you'll do fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone watch The West Wing? If so, is it any good?

I've been piece watching some episodes of Commander-in-Chief and have heard that it was inspired by TWW, so I'm kind of curious about the latter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Anyone watch The West Wing? If so, is it any good?

I've been piece watching some episodes of Commander-in-Chief and have heard that it was inspired by TWW, so I'm kind of curious about the latter.

I think The West Wing is amazing - it's partly responsible for me being a political science major.

It is an Aaron Sorkin show, so if you don't like Aaron Sorkin, you won't like The West Wing. The general consensus is that Seasons 1-4 are good, with 2 being the best, and 5-7 are not good (Sorkin was showrunner for 1-4, then got pushed out by NBC), but for the most part I like them all.

The acting is really great, especially Martin Sheen, and the show pretty much dominated the Emmys until The Sopranos started.

The whole series is on Amazon Prime Instant Video (as of today) and Netflix (as of August).

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 65 of 68