Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote  

What server Reep?

Also something I've found playing Preferred status: if you acquire all the unlocks then the only things you can't really get rid of are lower xp rate, vendor prices, some quest loot limitations, and the credit level cap. Unless you play lots of flashpoints, warzones etc. I haven't found those limitations to be noticeable at all. Just thought I'd mention that while the restrictions are pretty intense once you acquire the unlocks it isn't nearly as bad and can be quite playable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
What server Reep?

I'm currently playing with The Harbinger. Which server do you recommend?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote  

The Harbinger should be fine. No server is particularly better than the others, it all comes down to what server gives you a good ping (less lag), has the game type you want (PvE or PvP) and which (if any) server has friends who you want to play with. Ultimately if you find a good server and enjoy playing there I'd stick with it unless you had a strong reason to want to switch (namely to play with friends).

The reason I asked what server you were on was because, if you wanted to group with anyone from here, we need to know both what server you're on and your character name. I'm not sure if any EUCers are on Harbinger but now they at least know to keep their eyes open for you on that server.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sadly it looks like the decreased XP gain for non-subscribers is going to stop me from continuing too much. The missions are getting harder and harder because I'm lower then suggested and it's only getting worse. And sadly, it just takes more time then I have free to grind the XP via kills. I had hoped having bought some cartel credits would have made it that I'd be even with what I need, but it's not. At least this time I got to level 29 before it started to seriously impact the gameplay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote  

Have you looked into buy XP boosts off of the Galactic Trade Network (GTN)? You can buy stuff on the GTN using the credits you earn in game so you might be able to buy XP boosts that make up the difference. You could also try buying Legacy character unlocks that boost the XP gain from the activities you do most (which should also be buyable with in game credits).

I've only started leveling a Trooper so I can't speak to how effective these options are in countering the lost XP from being a non-subscriber but it might be worth a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've tried some and it certainly helped. I think the main issue for me is the lack of time I have for grinding to make up the missing XP. Though I have managed, thanks to finding a set of bonus missions that happened to be the right level, reached level 31 Though it looks like I'll have to grind a bit this up coming weekend to make up even more.

I am considering starting up a new character, though I was hoping to finish my current act before doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote  

Werehunter wrote:
I've tried some and it certainly helped. I think the main issue for me is the lack of time I have for grinding to make up the missing XP. Though I have managed, thanks to finding a set of bonus missions that happened to be the right level, reached level 31 Though it looks like I'll have to grind a bit this up coming weekend to make up even more.

If you don't mind doing flashpoints those might be a good way to at least level up and (possibly) get better gear. Since the group finder should only let you join flashpoints appropriate to your level and you can get help from other players it might be easier than solo grinding. I may be mistaken but I also thought grouping with people boosts the XP you get doing content together (unless you group with someone who is way overleveled for the content).

Quote:
I am considering starting up a new character, though I was hoping to finish my current act before doing that.

I'm not positive but I think after you complete Act I of your class story it unlocks that class's stat boost ability for all classes in your legacy. While those stat boosts aren't super powerful the extra boost might help out with leveling a new character.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hence why i want to finish that act before hand. lol

Though I think that unlocks at act 2, but I'm not sure.

Crap, turns out I was only on Act 1. Looks like that Act 2 thing ain't happening. Need to decide what to make next.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote  

I don't know what server you're on but if you're on Jedi Covenant and need help let me know. My main is Guilhem (level 55 Shadow).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote  

Just an additional thought Werehunter that might help make things easier: when playing go to the cantina to buy items that buff presence (I think the Cantinas are were you can buy those items). And if you can level a human character (or buy the legacy race unlock with credits) because that "race" gives you a 100 buff to presence to all characters in your legacy. (none of the other races to my knowledge give a boost to your presence stat) By maxing out affection with all your companions you also get a permanent, small boost to presence (. From what I understand presence can significantly impact your companion's combat/healing abilities.

Granted having companions that are better at combat doesn't solve your XP problems but having a high presence stat (along with well geared companions) may at least help make fights somewhat more manageable.

Here's a little forum discussion on the official website on how to get a high presence stat and why that is a good thing: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463412

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'll keep it in mind. Though I did decide to make up a Jedi Knight character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote  

So I just figured out a work around for the limitation that prevents non-subscribers from mailing credits to characters in their legacy. Take a single item of little value (low level equipment, grade 1 crafting material etc.), sell it on the GTN for the sum of credits you want, log on with the character who has the credits you want to send to your other character, check the GTN and buy the item. (a key is selling a worthless item, in the unlikely event that someone else buys the item you don't loose an item of value this way).

While the character receiving the credits will have to wait 1 hour for the transaction to clear and some credits will be absorbed by the GTN commission you can use this method to transfer credits between characters. A good method if you have a high level character who has more credits than they need and want to transfer the credits to a low level alt you're just starting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't really slacked off any. I had a few month hiatus when I questioned dropping my subscription, but I've been full time for awhile now. I'm up to 8 characters. 7 on Jedi Covenant, and 1 on the Bastion. I'll post pictures when I get home tonight, but they are as follows:

Jedi Covenant:
Jayda - 55 Jedi Knight (Guardian Tank)

Bangarang - 55 Republic Trooper (Commando DPS)

Adym - 55 Smuggler (Scoundrel Heals)

Mara - 29 Bounty Hunter (Powertech Tank)

Sven - 39 Imperial Agent (Sniper DPS)

Atlas - 27 Sith Warrior (Juggernaut Tank)

Jarvis - 26 Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer Heals)

Bastion:
Talus - 11 Imperial Agent (Operative Heals)

I love them all very much. Smile

Edit: Added pictures.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote  

I'll have to update my roster as I've gotten a few new characters on JC and also altered the look of Guilhem (finally to be closer to the forum RPG look I had in mind when I created him). My newest character is a gunslinger I kitted out to have a look similar to Mal Reynolds which I'm quite fond of.

For Life: they added Zayne Carrick's armor just like in your avatar. If you play TOR at all it might be worth looking into buying on the GTN.

Has anyone else played the new PvP mode Galactic Starfighter? I've found it quite enjoyable and I'm looking forward to how things develop there. It'd be interesting to hear other people's tactics and experiences.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Love the Chiss smuggler. Cool

I haven't played TOR in a while. I took it off my computer because I think it was causing it to slow down. I might try re-downloading it and try it on a different server (I was using Harbinger). Which server do you guys use?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Page 36 of 38