Episode 8: Bombad Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 11/21/2008 at 8:00 PM Central Time, 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific, Saturday 11/23/2008 at 8:30 PM Central Time, 9:30 PM Eastern/Pacific
Summary: Jar Jar Binks and C-3PO fight to save Padme Amidala from doom at the hands of evil Viceroy Nute Gunray.

O' goody, some Jar Jar action...he he. I'm sure this will produce plenty of discussion... Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Re: Episode 8: Bombad Jedi
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

O' goody, some Jar Jar action...he he. I'm sure this will produce plenty of discussion... Very Happy

Haha, well i am curious to see what Jar Jar's personality will be like.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote  

wait a second is this a joke? I mean you've got to be kidding right?

If your not kidding I have to admit I'll probably watch the episode anyway, if for no other reason than to see just how insane Jar Jar is in the episode.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

please get shot, please get shot, please get shot!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh no! Meesa gonna skippa this one-o!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote  

kamenkewl wrote:
please get shot, please get shot, please get shot!

After reading that I just have this image of Jar Jar walking along in the episode, suddenly the camera view switches to the view from a sniper scope, it zooms in on his head, *sound of sniper rifle firing, Jar Jar simultaneously drops* and then hearing a clone voice yell "BOOM HEADSHOT!" Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quote  

For the non-believers...
http://www.tv.com/star-wars-the-clone-wars/bombad-jedi/episode/1235594/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;10
...thus it's true. Besides, they have shown clips of Jar Jar in the previews of the Clone Wars, so it was merely a matter of time before he showed up. Though whether they'll stick to showing this as episode 8 is questionable since they have reorganized the airing schedule once before.

Regardless, my hatred of Jar Jar has so completely waned over the years that I now actually like the bumbling Gungan. It might be fun to see what stupid trouble he can get himself into this time.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote  

LOL! Bombad Jedi was funny. I can't help myself. I actually like Jar Jar. Very Happy Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, it was agreat show! I think the major difference with Jar-Jar in this as opposed to the prequels, as here he's regarded as a nuisance and in the movies he's treated as just any other character.
C3PO: I'm afraid the ship has been destroyed.
Padme: Battle Droids?
C3P0: No.
Padme: Jar Jar?
C3P0: Jar Jar.
Laughing

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, at least Jar-Jar was good for drawing fire away from Padme, but the battledroids' marksmanship leaves something to be desired. Twisted Evil  I was hoping for the droids at least "winging" Jar-Jar, but alas, no joy for me. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
Yeah, it was agreat show! I think the major difference with Jar-Jar in this as opposed to the prequels, as here he's regarded as a nuisance and in the movies he's treated as just any other character.
C3PO: I'm afraid the ship has been destroyed.
Padme: Battle Droids?
C3P0: No.
Padme: Jar Jar?
C3P0: Jar Jar.
Laughing

haha, that was my favorite scene XD
all in all, it was pretty good, and jar-jar wasen't entirely horrible. the whole thing with the fish was funny Razz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Jar Jar did get eaten by the water slug thing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Jar Jar did get eaten by the water slug thing. Very Happy

Thanks for trying to make me feel better,DS. Unfortunately, the big water slug thingy found Jar-Jar as unpalatable as I do, and spat him out. Couldn't it have chewed on him a couple of times? Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1