Death Star Owners' Workshop Manual
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, I didn't think the no stock picture thing worked in that case. On the other hand, the Eclipse-class Star Destroyers and the Darksaber were made post-ROTJ. The Torpedo Spheres, Tarkin, and Death Star Prototype were all made pre-ROTJ.

I think having more EU would have added a lot more fun factor to the book, at least for me (though technically the whole book is EU since so much was drawn from the Death Star Technical Companion). I would have liked to have seen more mini-bios and comparison ships. The Falcon manual had quite a few comparison ships included. Plus mini-bios are always fun to read. However, they would have had to made the book bigger to include anymore, so I understand why that didn't include more.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Yeah, I didn't think the no stock picture thing worked in that case. On the other hand, the Eclipse-class Star Destroyers and the Darksaber were made post-ROTJ. The Torpedo Spheres, Tarkin, and Death Star Prototype were all made pre-ROTJ.

I think having more EU would have added a lot more fun factor to the book, at least for me (though technically the whole book is EU since so much was drawn from the Death Star Technical Companion). I would have liked to have seen more mini-bios and comparison ships. The Falcon manual had quite a few comparison ships included. Plus mini-bios are always fun to read. However, they would have had to made the book bigger to include anymore, so I understand why that didn't include more.

Technically, the Eclipse was mostly built before ROTJ, and designed well before it. The nearly-finished Eclipse was in orbit of Kuat when the Zann Consortium attacked and temporarily stole it (Empire at War: Forces of Corruption). Also: the Essential Guide to Warfare establshed that the Tarkin was a heavily (and I mean HEAVILY) modified Eclipse. </geek>

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote  

Hmm, good point. I keep forgetting that the manual actually did mention the Eclipse, it just didn't provide a full detailed listing for it.

Okay, so I'm writing this one off to purely page count constrictions. If they put the Eclipse-class in, they'd have to get rid of two pages. Which two pages would we have wanted them to get rid of? (I would have also liked the inclusion of the Suncrusher, but the Darksaber is a good pick, too. So that would put the page count up by 6)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Hmm, good point. I keep forgetting that the manual actually did mention the Eclipse, it just didn't provide a full detailed listing for it.

Okay, so I'm writing this one off to purely page count constrictions. If they put the Eclipse-class in, they'd have to get rid of two pages. Which two pages would we have wanted them to get rid of? (I would have also liked the inclusion of the Suncrusher, but the Darksaber is a good pick, too. So that would put the page count up by 6)

I suppose the page-count thing makes sense. Could be it. Just seems even more odd that if they mention the Eclipse that they don't include anything on it.

Really, its a minor nitpick as both this and the Falcon are excellent books. Just something I found rather curious after seeing the other EU inclusions.

I suppose you could argue that Darksaber wasn't an Imperial project and there was no reason that the plans for that would be included in an Imperial manual, but Eclipse could have fit.

Meh. Still happy to have the book.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote  

Eclipse would be a good one to include in a Star Destroyer manual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2