Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The cover has been revealed.

I like this one more than the Leia cover - it looks more exciting.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The cover is nice...but doesn't have a "different" feel to it that the Leia book does...IMO.

After I've read the Leia book, I'll change my avatar to this cover.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's a classic looking cover, but thats not a bad thing.
I like how grayish blue and yellow to brown mix here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote  

I really like the Expanse series James S.A. Corey writes, so I'm looking forward to this book. They have a very good grasp of doing deep sci-fi with rich characters and fun plots. Their books are pretty long, so it's be interesting to see how they tackle Star Wars.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote  

Star Wars Books revealed a new cover for the book...

Quote:
Since you guys are so great to us, we have a special treat for you. Here’s an exclusive reveal of the new cover to James S. A. Corey’s upcoming novel, Star Wars: Honor Among Thieves! We’re really excited to show you guys the great cover art by Alan Brooks featuring a new character, Scarlet Hark. We’re big fans of this new character and think you will be too. And don’t forget to pre-order the book now. It will be hitting shelves and your devices March 4th.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Star Wars Books revealed a new cover for the book...

Quote:
Since you guys are so great to us, we have a special treat for you. Here’s an exclusive reveal of the new cover to James S. A. Corey’s upcoming novel, Star Wars: Honor Among Thieves! We’re really excited to show you guys the great cover art by Alan Brooks featuring a new character, Scarlet Hark. We’re big fans of this new character and think you will be too. And don’t forget to pre-order the book now. It will be hitting shelves and your devices March 4th.

So....Scarlett Hark is a younger Teri Hatcher.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote  

I'm curious if she has a gun for a hand (I've been reading way too much Axe Cop..."And she has a gun hand that fires evil robot dinosaurs!").

She does remind me of someone, but I can't quite place it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
She does remind me of someone, but I can't quite place it yet.

I second that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote  

Someone else pointed this out, and it's nagging at me. Is there any significance to the new cover leaving off the Empire and Rebellion subtitle?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote  

This comes out next Tuesday. I finished reading the ARC copy for it, and let me just say, I loved it. The dialog in this book is superb. The authors not only nailed Han, but also the witty banter feel of the original films. The new characters in the books are also excellent. Scarlet is a very interesting and entertaining addition.

It is a shorter read, though. This book is under 300 pages. However, they manage to pack in a good amount of action into those 200+ pages.

One last note, if you looked at the Dramatis Personae, it lists Luke and Wedge, but both of their parts are really minuscule, so don't expect to see them much at all. Han is the central figure throughout the book with big supporting parts from Scarlet and another new character. Leia gets some page time later on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote  

Honor Among Thieves is out today. If you like Han Solo, I recommend checking this one out. The authors do a great job of nailing Han's dialog, and they create some new characters that are a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hopefully I'll be able to grab the book this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm currently reading this and I have to say it's a struggle. Only about half way through and I want to stop. Usually I fly through Star Wars books. This one just hasn't been enjoyable. I hope it improves as I read the second half.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

And my third post in a row, lol.

I finished the book and my opinion hasn't changed. It wasn't bad but wasn't good by any measure. The big threat and mystery was under whelming, especially since so many books, and two movies, were placed after this one took place. I really would have rather the plot be more personal. While I think they over did it in Leia's book, at least it was personal to her, this one it felt like you could have replaced Han with a number of the Fringe character's we've had in Star Wars and ended with the same story.

It also didn't help that I felt the two new main characters were more interesting than Han was in the book. He was basically

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

That last one was the sole bit from him I actually liked. A plot that centered around that, would have been nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1