The Walking Dead Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

oh god, why I am I here? I haven't watch it yet. Thank goodness for spoiler tags. I'm out!
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote  

Well Zombie #2 died Crying or Very sad

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All in all a good season ending.

I was hoping it will resolve the prison vs town more, but that was unrealistic expectation on my part.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
All in all a good season ending.

I was hoping it will resolve the prison vs town more, but that was unrealistic expectation on my part.

I can now openly state this without tags...

Kirkman said that the Governor story would carry over into season 4. The prison story took about 6 trade paperbacks overall so I can easily see them drawing it out a bit. I honestly love the character work they're doing, I say let them draw it out a bit!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote  

So it's raining zombies and Rick has a garden now. Discuss!

I was kind of surprised they killed that new kid off. I was just starting to like him, too. And what was up with the kid with glasses taking a shower and dying? Did he die from a cold or was he infected and didn't tell anyone?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He tries to grow a gun plant? A good try but I honestly didn't think it would work and low and behold he seemed just as disappointed as I did.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote  

He probably planted the gun too deep. Maybe it needed more fertilizer? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Perhaps! I dunno, he shouldn't have given up that easily, if he'd read up a little more he might have been a great pistol farmer. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote  

So who was feeding the zombies mice? The little girl who liked Nick? I have a bad feeling about her ("We're doomed!").

I really liked the awkward tension between Rick and his kid when Carl asked for his gun back. With the ending of the latest episode. I guess they're ready to rock and roll. But what's up with what's-her-name and Macon? Is she from Macon? She seems really hell bent on going there.

And poor piggies Crying or Very sad

{end random thoughts}

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote  

So major spoilers...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol @magic Daryl

You can't blame Rick for what happened, although I think that if the decision was up to someone else things might have turned out differently. I think Rick and the Governor knew exactly how it was going to go down and everyone else just didn't realize it until it was too late to do anything else.

I liked Governor part 1 at first, but then after Governor part 2
, so it made the first part pointless to me. If that was the case then they didn't need two episodes for it.

I really didn't like what happened with
That is the first time I really remember the show not showing something and then having people react to it. Were we supposed to think what Rick and Carl thought happened, or were we supposed to not really know? I couldn't tell.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, I'm not sure if she's really dead or they just think she's dead.

As for governor, I think he became evil-lite, so partial reformation Laughing

Like he said, he could have just attacked them with the tank. He messed up just as much as Rick did. If he wouldn't have offered a peaceful way out for Rick, they could have just murdered everyone from afar with that tank and not even bothered messing up the fence. With the Governor's people hanging back and laying fire support for the tank, there would have been no way for Rick's people to take the tank out. Plus Rick's people were all out in the open. Would have been easy pickings.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm finally getting around to watching this show. I watched Season 1 a couple of summers ago and really enjoyed it. I'll re-watch Season 1 and then move onto the others. I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague to avoid spoilers, but just thought I'd let you know.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm finally getting around to watching this show. I watched Season 1 a couple of summers ago and really enjoyed it. I'll re-watch Season 1 and then move onto the others. I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague to avoid spoilers, but just thought I'd let you know.

Let me know what you think I enjoyed season 2 a lot and same with the first half of season 3, but the second half fell flat for me and I'm behind as heck on season 4. Just kind of lost interest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Season two is the slowest with the most character development, but also the most of characters doing stupid things. Just a warning.

For me season four has been the best one yet. If you are still on the fence about continuing to watch this show I would say it's worth it stick around at least up till 4 part one and then decide if you want to quit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 5 of 11