New Dark Horse Series 'The Star Wars'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote  

Info on The Star Wars #5

The Star Wars #5 of 8
Writer: Jonathan Rinzler
Artist: Mike Mayhew
Colorist: Rain Beredo
Cover Artist: Nick Runge
Release Date: February 5, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $3.99
Remember the scene in Star Wars where the Sith Knight traps General Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Annikin Starkiller, and the alien Han Solo—and they have to fight their way free and steal an Imperial starship? No? That’s because this is The Star Wars—based on George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay! Experience a Star Wars that never was!
• Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

What's Legolas doing there?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote  

He's after the Ring. Vader is hiding it in the SPACE FORTRESS. Much better design than the Death Star. It uses steel mined from Mordor.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Laughing I just choked on my drink.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote  

The Star Wars #6

Release Date: March 12, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $3.99, Miniseries

Writer: Jonathan Rinzler

A dogfight with Imperial fighter craft, a dangerous detour through an asteroid field, and a forced evacuation in life-pods land Luke Skywalker and company on Yavin—the planet of the Wookiees!
But Princess Leia gets separated from the group, and when slavers capture her, Annikin Starkiller goes all Jedi on them!
• First look at the Wookiees!
• Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote  

For collectors, I just noticed that The Star Wars is getting a special limited edition collection in July (alongside a normal, and much cheaper, trade paperback and hardcover edition).

The Star Wars Limited Edition
Hardcover: $150.00
On Sale: July 8, 2014
ISBN: 978-1-61655-426-2

For a $150, I expect there will be some pretty nice extra's, including signatures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have to admit, I dropped this title..... This is the 1st SW arc I just couldn't do. I have read the script before it's not the story, maybe it's this delivery idk

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been enjoying this lately. The first two issues didn't grab me, but issue 3 and 4 certainly did.

I'm not buying the 0 issue, but I'm preordered up to issue 5, and will order 6 once the codes come out.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The 0 issue is interesting for some behind the scenes information. It's a bit strange that they are releasing it separately as this is the kind of thing that makes for a great addition in a nice Hardcover or TPB edition.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote  

Is the #0 issue not being collected in The Star Wars TPB and Hardcover editions?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Murray1134 wrote:
The 0 issue is interesting for some behind the scenes information. It's a bit strange that they are releasing it separately as this is the kind of thing that makes for a great addition in a nice Hardcover or TPB edition.

I didn't buy the 0 issue, but Star Wars does tend to put those out for bonus art and background info.

What's surprising is that it wasn't released before issue 1. As an introduction to this entirely different universe, it would be nice to know a bit more of what was going on. A bit of exposition before we're thrown into this new world.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote  

The Star Wars #7 (of_8)

Writer: J.W. Rinzler
Release Date: April 16, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Synopsis:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote  

The Star Wars comes to an end today with issue #8. I've already ready it, and looking back at the entire series, it's a weird trip. Most of the dialog is stiff and awkward. The plot is thin and jumps around. It's not that good of a story. But on the other hand, it has historical value as being George Lucas' first draft brought to life. This is what Star Wars could have been.

I'd say we were very lucky they did revisions and came up with something better. Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^I haven't read the 8th issue yet, but I completely agree with what you said.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I mentioned it in my review, but I believe if you read the whole thing as one big story instead of 8 monthly chapters it will flow a little better

I'm happy that they made it, but yeah, it was weird and more than a bit clunky.
www.FanboysTalking.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3