New Comic Series: Star Wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Nobody likes a quitter, Taral. You have to suffer through all the bad EU with the rest of us Razz

lol :D I prefer the approach where I vote with my wallet, and inform the publishers that the books that they make aren't good.

I'm thinking of also dropping "The Star Wars", but instead I might just skip the zero-issue.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote  

Info on Star Wars #14

Writer: Brian Wood
Penciller: Facundo Percio
Inker: Dan Parsons
Colorist: Gabe Eltaeb
Cover Artist: Sean Cooke
Release Date: February 12, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $2.99, Ongoing
Ben Kenobi haunts Darth Vader’s dreams, even as the name Skywalker occupies his waking thoughts. The Rebel victory over his former flagship has exposed spies and incompetence within the Empire, and Vader has decided an off-the-record mission of vengeance is needed to clear his head—and restore his reputation!
• Artist Facundo Percio from Warren Ellis’s Anna Mercury!

Plus second TPB collection.

Star Wars Volume 2: From the Ruins of Alderaan TPB
Artist: Carlos D’Anda
Penciller: Ryan Kelly
Inker: Dan Parsons
Cover Artist: Hugh Fleming
Release Date: April 16, 2014
Details: FC, 144 pages, $19.99, TP, 7″ x 10″
The Rebels’ covert ops go on the offensive as Princess Leia sends two of her top pilots—Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker—to be “captured” by the Empire! Meanwhile, Leia takes off on her own to locate a safe haven. But Darth Vader is on the alert! Collects issues #7–#12 of the ongoing series.
• Brian Wood, Ryan Kelly, Carlos D’Anda!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm continuing to enjoy this series. Although I'm glad they finally moved forward with the overall story.

The reveal in Issue #11 does need a bit of clarification. I'll have to go through the previous issues and see how it plays out now that we know the secret.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote  

TFN posted an interview with artist Carlos D'Anda.

Link: http://www.theforce.net/story/front/TFN_Interview_Dark_Horse_Comics_Star_Wars_Artist_Carlos_DAnda_155565.asp

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I usually only buy trades, so I'm looking forward to that one coming out for sure. I need to start my read-through of the ANH - ESB timeline to figure out how to make everything fit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm still in on this story, like you all I'm glad they wrapped the Mole line up. Plus the art work continues to be absolutely top notch

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote  

I read issue #12 and I was pretty happy with all the closure we finally got. The characters had some good dialog, the art was nice, and Wedge finally formed Rogue Squadron. I haven't been enjoying the series that much lately, but this issue rekindled my interest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote  

Star Wars #15

Release Date: March 12, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $2.99, Ongoing

Penciller: Stéphane Créty
Inker: Julien Hugonnard-Bert
Cover Artist: Hugh Fleming

Welcome to Arrochar! Enjoy our clean mountain air. Gaze at our majestic vistas. Build a secure base for your Rebel fleet. All we ask is that Princess Leia marry our Prince!
You can take the girl out of the Rebellion, but can you take the rebel out of the girl?
• Writer Brian Wood begins the most unexpected arc ever!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm not following the story - which marriage is this? Or is it a new one?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote  

It's a new one. Some random governor on a sparsely populated planet that they want to use as a rebel base.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, she sure does get around ....
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote  

To be fair, Han gets around too. I'm pretty he and Perla had a thing on Coruscant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked The scoundrel!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I mentioned this in my review of #12, but I really hope we are not getting a rehash of Courtship of Princess Leia. I trust Wood as a writer to do something better than that.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote  

Star Wars #16 (of 20)

Penciller: Stéphane Créty
Inker: Julien Hugonnard-Bert
Cover Artist: Sean Cooke
Release Date: April 9, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $2.99

Synopsis:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Note that the art team for Agent of the Empire: Iron Eclipse is stepping into the Star Wars series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 6