Twenty-twelve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
The apocalypse the Mayans were talking about was the one written by Troy Denning.Razz

Ha!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Best thing about the apocalypse?

Comixology had an Age of Apocalypse Sale!

I bought X-Men: Alpha, X-Men: Omega, Generation Next 1-4, Amazing X-Men 1-4, and Astonishing X-Men 1-4, all for 99 cents each!

For those who don't know, in 1995 Marvel did a fun thing where, for four months, they changes every X-Men title into something different, which took place in the Age of Apocalypse universe (where, because Xavier was killed trying to save Magneto's life back when they were friends, eventually led to Apocalypse conquering North America). Uncanny X-Men (the flagship title) became Astonishing X-Men, adjectiveless X-Men became Amazing X-Men, Generation-X became Generation Next, Excalibur became X-Calibre, Wolverine became Weapon X, etc.

I've always wanted to explore the series, but it's always been expensive. But at a dollar per issue, why not try it out?

Good times!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

I think that the main reason that people thought that the world was going to end was because this guy, can't remember his name, predicted thousands of years ago that Tsunami in Japan, and then that happened, and he also predicted that the world was going to end in 2012.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think that the main reason that people thought that the world was going to end was because this guy, can't remember his name, predicted thousands of years ago that Tsunami in Japan, and then that happened, and he also predicted that the world was going to end in 2012.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nostradamus.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I would have thought the main reason was people lacked critical thinking faculties ....
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote  

No, the correct answer is the world did end, but we all hit the continue button.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So does that mean we're all just ghosts that decided we all want to hold on to the world that already exploded?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote  

I was thinking more like an old Nintendo game where you die and it asks you to hit continue before the 20 second timer runs out. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh, yeah. That seems to make a lot more sense.[/u]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Any known apocalypse/s in 2014?

There were a lot more doomsday parties in 2012 than in 2013. I kinnda miss them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I hope not. I'm pretty sure the stress of trying to explain to all the preppers that came out of their cubby holes and onto the internet the last two years just how and why it was rubbish is what's sapped me of my patience.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 5 of 5