Could I get help identifying a book?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Could I get help identifying a book?
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

My friend gave me a general description of a star wars book she was read when she was young, but I don't have it in my entire couple hundred novel collection. Could anyone let me know if this rings a bell?

She said that it was a group of protagonists on either a snow or desert planet. At one point they find a baby in some kind of machine, and take it with them on their journey. Later on the baby bangs its head and starts turning into some kind of monster. This sound like a star wars book anyone knows? Thanks either way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I...hm.

Sounds similar to Red Harvest but at the same time it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Galaxy of Fear series.

The baby they're referring to is a bio-weapons project by Vader. It keeps saying "epon" which they take to be its name, but actually is its way of saying "weapon" which is what it is.

Its Number 6 army of terror. My second favorite of the series.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks a ton man.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kudos DH! I thought Galaxy of fear too, but no way could I have pinned down the book like you did.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Kudos DH! I thought Galaxy of fear too, but no way could I have pinned down the book like you did.

Thanks!

I have a sadly encyclopedic knowledge of the EU. One of these days I'll post an album of my collection. I'm missing 7 adventure journals, 12 WEG scenario books, the two "Chronicles" books from the early 200s and a handful of british comics to have everything.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote  

I'm still working on collecting all the Galaxy of Fear novels. I've got a couple. Waiting until I have them all before I read them.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'm still working on collecting all the Galaxy of Fear novels. I've got a couple. Waiting until I have them all before I read them.

Those are even harder to find than Jedi Prince now.

The only series that is more difficult to track down is the Star Wars Mission books from Scholastic. (Which is of course what I'm hunting)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have the luverly hardcover of the first 3 books in the Jedi Prince series and I wish I'd had the sense to shell out the $5 for the second one when it was on the bargain shelf at B&N when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote  

I managed to snag both of those in hardcover. I still need a couple of the harder to find Young Jedi Knights books.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I never even knew there were hardcover collections of those. Interesting.

Which ones are you looking for Skuldren? There's a fair number at the used bookstores around here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1