Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Strategies/Other Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I think I have to integrate that concept into a post in the zombie RPG thread at least once Laughing

Oh dear sweet Lord. Wink

Why do I get the feelings y'all are gonna run with this?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

*Snorts* I'd forgotten about that line. Padme, I think you're getting those feelings because you can see the future, and you know we will run with it. Vorn, after you, good sir! Laughing

*Runs off with it*
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

I think I have to integrate that concept into a post in the zombie RPG thread at least once Laughing

Oh dear sweet Lord. Wink

Why do I get the feelings y'all are gonna run with this?

Y'know, I'd do it, but I don't think my character could reach. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote  

Having a boat during the zombie apocalypse could be a very good idea. You could avoid the highways and the zombies and have a source of food and water.

As for avoiding the gun store, I have that covered. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Life Is The Path wrote:
*Snorts* I'd forgotten about that line. Padme, I think you're getting those feelings because you can see the future, and you know we will run with it. Vorn, after you, good sir! Laughing

*Runs off with it*

*facepalm* Boys. Wink

Good for you for recognizing my psychic powers, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote  

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

*Runs off with it*

*facepalm* Boys. Wink

At least we're consistent. Wink

And the deed has been done. You're welcome Padme', I know you were waiting with baited breath for the ball(s) to get rolling. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rolling Eyes Oh, well. Might as well go with it. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote  

Survival Scenario: one of your friends is hopelessly surrounded by zombies. Do you rescue them at near certain doom for yourself...or leave them behind?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

That is a toughie. My first instinct is to wade in and help them, though I suppose I should really listen to my brain in that scenario and end my friend's life with a (hopefully) well aimed headshot.

Also: saw the post. Absolutely brilliant Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote  

Thanks Life!

As for Skul's question: it would depend on the scenario. Is the friend performing an act of self-sacrifice to allow the rest of the group to escape? (they don't need or want rescuing) Or did they just have great misfortune to fall behind? Of course it all depends on whether they've already gotten into melee combat in which case it might already be too late (no point rescuing them if they're already overwhelmed and the more merciful thing is to put a bullet in their head).

Assuming for the moment that they aren't in melee combat yet and that it is the latter scenario my loyalty instinct would take priority over the instinct of self preservation. Particularly in the case of it only being the two of us. In that case the danger of rescuing them might be outweighed by the benefit of having someone to watch your back (take shifts during sleeping etc). Overall I'd rather go down fighting beside a friend then go down by myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After watching "Judge, Jury, Executioner" (The Walking Dead episode), I really think I might be that idiot with a bunch of books in my backpack rather than survival gear, trying to preserve civilization. I'd probably bring my Bible, my giant book of Western Philosophy, and some fiction (probably Narnia with a few classics) to keep those ideas alive. I'd be dead within hours.

Or I might become a broadsword-wielding maniac, who knows? Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote  

Reepicheep wrote:
After watching "Judge, Jury, Executioner" (The Walking Dead episode), I really think I might be that idiot with a bunch of books in my backpack rather than survival gear, trying to preserve civilization. I'd probably bring my Bible, my giant book of Western Philosophy, and some fiction (probably Narnia with a few classics) to keep those ideas alive. I'd be dead within hours.

Maybe you start off with all those books, loose them when you barely escape death, and the loss of all those books causes something in your head to snap so you become a broadsword wielding maniac?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

You NEED to watch the movie "The Book of Eli."

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote  

Hahaha. Reep will be the new Eli, but slaying zombies to preserve his copy of the Bible.

But don't discount books in a survival situation. Would be a good idea to have some survival books (like how to treat moderate wounds, dress game, and what plants you can eat).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Salaris: I could easily see that happening. Razz

@Taral: I should.

@Skuldren: Actually, yeah, that's a good point. I'd probably bring my survival book too.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 8 of 8