Random Thing of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No words seem adequate to describe this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wounded-soldier-shows-stunning-grit-hospital-bed-salute-article-1.1487138

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote  

Interesting video of San Francisco in 1905.

http://youtu.be/NINOxRxze9k

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kind of bummed to read that the submarine USS Clamagore at Patriot's Point, South Carolina, is going to be sunk as an artifical reef. I rather enjoyed going through the sub when my parents took me to Charleston 6 years ago. Also learned that the USS Yorktown will have to be repaired or face being sold for scrap. I really hope the money can be raised to repair Yorktown; it would be a shame to lose such a great piece of history.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Completely random:

Did not discover until yesterday that Matt Lanter portrayed Horace Calloway in Commander-in-Chief. I'm watching bit and pieces of CIC here and there (but will watch the full show soon) and rather like it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote  

Remember when you had to connect to the internet and your modem would make that weird connection sound? Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I do. Oddly enough, I miss it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you're talking about dial up, nope don't miss that at all :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm so ready for Christmas. Only two weeks left!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And only three weeks until next year! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The cup that I use looks the same as the one we use to scoop the dog's food and this is the second time I've accidentally drank from it.

Uch! Dog food juice!
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
I've been struggling with feelings of jealousy over the last few days.

This year there have been four weddings in our church family, with a fifth coming up next month. Three of the newlywed couples are already expecting - and one of the three just got married on Saturday. Most are around my age, with some younger and one or two older.

As you can probably tell, this is causing me to feel rather left out. I'm 24 already and have never had a boyfriend. Dad and Mom told me years ago that they were behind me 100% on waiting until I felt ready to marry, but now I'm wondering if their attitudes are changing. They're not pushing me, but Mom has said a few things this year that make me wonder, and hearing her gush over the babies at church has gotten kind of irritating.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, and that the Lord will bring my future husband into my path when the time is right, but I can't quite shake that green eyed monster.

Three more of my friends from our college age small group study got engaged over the New Year; I am now the only one in the group who isn't dating, engaged, or married. I feel so low right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I know that feel, Alan. I'm into my early twenties and have never had a boyfriend, nor been on a date. The only advice I have to offer is not to dwell on it, which can be difficult at times.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote  

Alan Skywalker V wrote:

Three more of my friends from our college age small group study got engaged over the New Year; I am now the only one in the group who isn't dating, engaged, or married. I feel so low right now.

I know the feeling. Most of my professional friends/colleagues are either married, engaged, or in a relationship (so in essence pretty much everyone I know close to my own age). Unfortunately I have no better advice to offer than what Padme already said.

Here's to hoping our situations change for the better this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^^ I had friends who used to make fun of me for being "the single guy." I could never catch a break with women, and it was a source of teasing.

Then the people who did that the most (or, shall we say, in the least friendly way) all moved away. And I intentionally didn't maintain contact (except for my best friends, where you could tell the occasional teasing was done in a friendly and positive way, not out of any malice or terribleness).

In the end, I think I got married before a lot of them did. I'm not 100% sure though. The most news I ever get is from the people I do stay in contact with, if/when I ask "So how's the old gang?"
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote  

As a victim of the Target credit card fraud, I received two tickets yesterday to the Broadway show Kinky Boots. Somewhere out there is a hacker with a sense of humor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 40 of 42