What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So as I posted on the Good Thing Of The Day! thread, I just got an iPad Air, and I'm looking to see if people have any advice for games or apps for iPads.

Currently, the games I'm playing include:
-Fruit Ninja
-The Simpson's Tapped Out
-Jurassic Park Builder
-Pocket Planes
-Pocket Trains
-Tiny Death Star
-République

Anyone else know any good iPad games?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just got Knights of the Old Republic for the iPad. It's the full game, nothing cut out. When I got it last month it was $5.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I wish they'd make a new Soul Reaver game. That was a fun game back in the day.

There are some issues with the Legacy of the Kain licence or something. I can't really remember.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote  

I beat ME3 again only to be disappointed by the ending. It totally sucked. This being my second time beating it, now I remember why I didn't like the game as much. It's pretty solid up until the end.

Then I discovered the Extended Cut DLC. So I downloaded it and beat the game for a third time (just loaded a save near the end). The extended ending is MUCH better. Lot more closure. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't tried it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I beat ME3 again only to be disappointed by the ending. It totally sucked. This being my second time beating it, now I remember why I didn't like the game as much. It's pretty solid up until the end.

Then I discovered the Extended Cut DLC. So I downloaded it and beat the game for a third time (just loaded a save near the end). The extended ending is MUCH better. Lot more closure. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't tried it.

I only ever did the Extended Cut. I was just disappointed by the final choice I took (all were open to me, and they all seemed weird, so I chose none. Consequences: bad).

Can you tell me what you picked? And what the outcome was?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote  

Prior to the DLC, I tried destruction, control and merge. After the DLC, I just went with destruction because it's the only one where Shepard survives. Plus I read a comment someone made about how the end choice is a last trick by the Reapers to get Shepard to chose anything but destruction since they don't want to die.

How do you chose none?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Prior to the DLC, I tried destruction, control and merge. After the DLC, I just went with destruction because it's the only one where Shepard survives. Plus I read a comment someone made about how the end choice is a last trick by the Reapers to get Shepard to chose anything but destruction since they don't want to die.

How do you chose none?

By "none", I meant the final choice, to neither destroy, control, nor merge. To reject all the choices given by the Catalyst and keep fighting. And losing. But the Extended Cut reveals that the archive Liara made included instructions on how to build the Crucible, what the Catalyst is, what to do, etc. and the next cycle beats the Reapers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I accidentally did that the first time, and I did it by shooting at the kid. I couldn't remember how you pick the choice, so I decided to start shooting at things randomly. One hit the hologram kid and produced said ending.

Also, when I did the endings (I can't remember if I'd read this before or after my first playthrough) I had this in mind: http://www.cracked.com/article_20614_6-insane-video-game-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense_p2.html (#2)
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote  

That's odd. I shot at the kid and random stuff before and nothing odd happened. Heck, I shot at stuff as I made my long walk to the destruction pillar. INFINITE BULLETS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm. I have no idea what does it, then. Perhaps the bullets went through the hologram and hit the console at the front? Maybe that does it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry for the double post.

I have a question about the levelling system in Oblivion. I've been playing for a while, now, and I'm at level six. Have I been playing it wrong, or is that what I should expect?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
I wish they'd make a new Soul Reaver game. That was a fun game back in the day.

There are some issues with the Legacy of the Kain licence or something. I can't really remember.

Legacy of Kain was an awesome game. I bought it again off Ebay a year or two ago. But I didn't get very far, I just couldn't really play the PS2. I wish that they would put it out for Xbox arcade. I have been able to get most of my favorite playstation games on there. The metal gears, GTA: SA, and Ico. They were supposed to come out with Oddworld, but they never did. Which really made me mad. That is the only reason I even still have a PS2.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote  

I believe leveling up in Oblivion was tied to sleep, wasn't it? Been so long since I played it. But it's also dependent on how often you do each talent. Swimming and running are good ways to level up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I believe leveling up in Oblivion was tied to sleep, wasn't it? Been so long since I played it. But it's also dependent on how often you do each talent. Swimming and running are good ways to level up.

That's correct. Note that sleeping is different from waiting so far as leveling up is concerned. Because of enemy scaling it was a tactic to sometimes wait to sleep/level up until after you'd completed a mission so you could fight weaker enemies with the benefit of having skills leveled beyond what your actual level was (for example so you could fight a level 10 bad guy even though your combat abilities were that of a level 25).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't know that. I am never sleeping again in Oblivion.

Also, just finished the Thieves Guild story. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though the beginning of the last mission was incredibly boring. Three hours of running around in the dark fighting nothing but skeletons and zombies - two of the weakest* enemies in the game, so far. Now I might do the Fighters Guild quest. Was going to do the Mages Guild story but I got kicked out and have to find 20 somethings and 20 vampire dusts. Which is funny, because in the TG quests there were many vampires, and I didn't bother to collect the dust, because I didn't think they'd come in handy. *Facepalm*

By weakest I mean least interesting. They're tough to kill, but only because it's time consuming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 35 of 38