What Book are you reading now? (Other than Star Wars)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 110, 111, 112  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
Did anyone here ever think of giving a character the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

No, I didn't... until now! Very Happy

I usually don't base characters off of actors when I'm reading btw.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote  

I can't remember if I've ever used Arnold, but I have used Sylvester Stallone.

And I despise Jason Momoa's voice. Worst Conan ever.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I can't remember if I've ever used Arnold, but I have used Sylvester Stallone.

And I despise Jason Momoa's voice. Worst Conan ever.

I've never seen Conan. I think of him fondly from Stargate: Atlantis. I was disappointed when he wasn't cast as Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have several books at various stages.

Covered With Glory: The 26th North Carolina Infantry at the Battle of Gettysburg - 3/13 chapters.

The Hunley - 3/7 chapters.

White Fang - 1/25 chapters.

Treasure Island - 1/34 chapters.

Dragonheart - 5/37 chapters.

Chronicles of Downton Abbey - 1/15 chapters

Alex Rider: Point Blank - 3/17 chapters.

And, of course, A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones - 53/73 chapters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

There was a minor misunderstanding. When I said read in the voice of Sean Connery - I mean read everything in his voice, not just one character. It makes the book at least 80% cooler.

But, yeah, I do have a habit of imagining actors in the roles of the character. Makes it easier to remember them. For some reason Nathan Fillion features prominently.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Nathan Fillion should figure prominently into most things.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm reading "Rot & Ruin" by Jonathan Maberry. It's a zombie book. It's pretty cool so far.

Though when I was reading it, the first few pages seemed really familiar, but I was positive I hadn't read the book before.

Turned out that the first part of the book (as with many books, it's separated into parts, and within those are the chapters) was previously published as a standalone short story in a collection I read last year.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished Lorna Doone. I liked it, thought wasn't too enamoured of the characters. Though my reading took a little longer than anticipated, mainly because I've gone a little magic crazy recently. Just a tad.

Now reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Now reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Yay! Razz

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very Happy You know, I quite liked it. A bit of a quick read, though; I wish there was a bit more detail to it. But I suppose it being a children's book, that's to be expected. But I liked the story, so I'm not too fussed.

Now reading The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cool. I'm glad you liked it. Smile

I'm actually re-reading The Silver Chair right now... slowly (keeping pace with the NarniaWeb podcast commentary). I'm also reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, but I'm not liking it as much as I thought I would.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I dropped Rot & Ruin (didn't hold me as well as I liked, and it was due back at the library).

Now I'm working on Dune: House Harkonnen, and also slowly working my way through Walt Simonson's Thor Volume 2 and New Mutants Classics Volume 1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote  

Took me about two hours yesterday, but I read an ARC copy of Joe Schreiber's upcoming book Game Over, Pete Watson. It's aimed at younger readers, but I actually enjoyed it. Quick, fun read that made me laugh some. It's interesting to see authors write for different age groups, especially when it's a author you typically think of as a horror writer who often indulges in graphic violence and disturbing imagery.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm currently about half way through "Death of Kings" by Bernard Cornwell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's Freedom To Read Week here in Canada. Freedom To Read Week celebrates intellectual freedom in Canada and it is celebrated by reading a banned or challenged book. This year my chosen book is Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 103 of 112