Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote  

Star Wars Bookworms snagged some cool updates while attending the Star Wars Reads Day event that Joe Schreiber was at (Lancaster, PA).

Quote:
Joe Schreiber says MAUL LOCKDOWN was originally supposed to be set during the Clone Wars TV show…

…Then they wanted to change it to a Boba Fett novel tying in with 1313. Ultimately decided to go with a pre TPM novel starring Maul.

Joe Schreiber confirms the alien Maul is battling in the preview excerpt is a Yuuzhan Vong.

They managed to get some audio of Joe reading an excerpt from the book and answering some questions in a Q&A. They'll be posting the audio in their next podcast episode (they're aiming for Monday). You can check out their podcast here (they're part of Star Wars Report's site).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Star Wars Bookworms snagged some cool updates while attending the Star Wars Reads Day event that Joe Schreiber was at (Lancaster, PA).

Quote:

Joe Schreiber confirms the alien Maul is battling in the preview excerpt is a Yuuzhan Vong.

Okay....that has my attention.

I'm curious to see where they go with that. Will palpatine et al figure out what that means for the galaxy? Or will it just be a minor little throw-out to fans.

Many interesting places you can go with that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Joe Schreiber says confirms the alien Maul is battling in the preview excerpt is a Yuuzhan Vong.

Alright. Huh. Well I guess I'm for certain reading this one now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote  

I listened to the audio, form the sound of it, the Vong is more of an easter egg. Maul fights one in the beginning while he's in prison. I don't think they name the alien as a Yuuzhan Vong in the book, but Joe confirmed that that is what it is.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

For those who are interested, I'm about halfway through the advance arc for the book, so I can provide some spoiler free commentary for those who'd like to get more of an idea of what to expect from this book.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

So far, I'm liking this book.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote  

Star Wars Books has posted two micro excerpts for the book:

Micro Excerpt #1

Micro Excerpt #2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote  

New micro excerpts for Maul: Lockdown

Micro Excerpt #3

Micro Excerpt #4

Micro Excerpt #5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote  

Maul: Lockdown is out today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Grrrrrr slow amazon shipping, y do I always do this to myself?! Just go to the store! But the drive....... Ok self argument over

Love me some Maul, and so do the early reviews!!! Already read your Roqoo review but on a 1-10 best chart hit me

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote  

I liked it better than Death Troopers and [/i]Red Harvest[/i]. Personally, I really enjoyed the novel. It was a lot of fun. I noticed TheForce.Net gave it a really negative review, though. First really bad review I've seen of the book so far (they gave it a 5/10).

On a ten scale, I'd give it at least an 8 and probably a 9, but I'm easy to please when it comes to Star Wars books.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Half way through and loving this book! What a perfect location setting for a book that centers around the ultimate man of not many words! His silent/stalking darkness is what I have always loved about Maul, and a prison setting is completely genius for his character type. Any one els still turning these pages? Spoiler free discussion please!!! Lol or give me a week, we'll change the topic heading to a spoiler tag and we can rip this book open proper then.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm about 100 pages in and liking the book, but not loving it. It does keep a good momentum going, but at the current pace I worry the book will run out of plot before the end.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree, there's not much of a flux in the pace at this point. Just stright up, But I'll take the high of it all! My Mual love can guide me through any potential let down that may come. So far so good

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote  

It kept me guess so I wasn't really disappointed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3