How's the Weather Over There?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm watching the news on this and I just want to comment that these reporters reporting outside are insane. Plus they keep losing the feed so kind of pointless.

Anyone see the dangling crane in NYC? Scary and they evacuated the hotel beneath it. Good idea.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We're snowed in up here.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Winter is coming my a$$! It never left!

12C at the and of May. Do not like.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Today was beautiful! There was rain on the other side of town so we had gorgeous cloud cover and the temperature was warm but with a cool breeze. Loved this day at work.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

South Florida doesn't really have weather, just a swamp all year long..... Very lame

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's snowing! Very Happy

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Pretty much typical November. Cold and depressive with a 90% chance of rain and 10% chance of snow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First heavy snowfall here today since Christmas 2010 in the NC foothills. It's been snowing for 7 hours straight and shows no sign of letting up. I estimate we've probably got an inch at least, maybe more. It's a little hard to tell since I still see some small patches of bare grass in the yard and pasture.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

We got some ice down here in the good ole South. Naturally, all our schools closed for three days. Razz

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This weekend was reasonably warm for the season, staying just a hair under freezing.

There was also much snow. I had a shovel about 8" of snow before my wife had to go to work yesterday.

And then the plow went by last night, and blocked my driveway with a wall of snow a foot tall and 18" wide. Not pleasant.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A lot of snow here. Nothing unusual 'cept there was a strange brief warming in the wetter, followed by a frost, so most trees literally froze over. That means the trees now weigh 5 times and more than they usually do. So they break. We have broken trees everywere, roads are blocked, houses are damaged and we had a blackout for 14 hours because a fallen tree destroyed a power cable....and it started to snow again.
Did I ever mention that I love snow as much as Anakin loves sand?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
A lot of snow here. Nothing unusual 'cept there was a strange brief warming in the wetter, followed by a frost, so most trees literally froze over. That means the trees now weigh 5 times and more than they usually do. So they break. We have broken trees everywere, roads are blocked, houses are damaged and we had a blackout for 14 hours because a fallen tree destroyed a power cable....and it started to snow again.

That's pretty much what happened in Toronto over the Christmas holidays. So many damaged power lines that many residents were without power for days.

My parents had lost power for about 8 hours, and my in-laws for about 18 hours (both are within an hour's drive of Toronto; they were fortunate). Oddly enough, my sisters-in-law, who live between my parents and my in-laws, had power all the time lol.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The weather is driving me nuts. I love snow, but at work it was inconvenient.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Idk about where you're at, Caedus, but Kansas City just totally shut down yesterday. The freeways were near white-out conditions, and we ended up getting 7 1/2 inches of snow. Roads are fine today, but the schools are still closed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Hogy wrote:

That's pretty much what happened in Toronto over the Christmas holidays. So many damaged power lines that many residents were without power for days.

My parents had lost power for about 8 hours, and my in-laws for about 18 hours (both are within an hour's drive of Toronto; they were fortunate). Oddly enough, my sisters-in-law, who live between my parents and my in-laws, had power all the time lol.

I actually loved that ice storm/blackout. I just enjoy that sort of thing.

I had work the morning after everything froze and while I was walking, I was reminded of a zombie apocalypse. The roads, sidewalks etc. were pretty much deserted and the people you did see were walking slowly, arms outstretched, zombie-like. Razz

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 45 of 46