Game of Thrones/ A Song of Ice and Fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He's 65, so it's somewhat of a concern.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Favorite character: Doran Martell

Fav. POV character...hmm. Probably Jaime. Tyrion is always great too for his insults, but he's not my favorite character.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Game Of Thrones redubbed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ#t=218
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The studio that did the Walking Dead and Fables story games is going to do a GOT game. Looks like we'll finally get a good Westeros game. Goodbye wallet!

On a personal note, I have continued my book IV/V reread. I just finished I think Bran's last chapter. I'm enjoying the Mereenese Knot much more on the reread. You just have to get past the "When Danearys? When?" and appreciate it for what it is, especially once you get to know the characters. The first time you read about guys like Reznak Mo Reznak and Hizdar Zo Loraq you're like "Whohuh?" I had just read some Tolkien so that really helps to hone your abilty to distinguish between ridiculous character names.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Watched Season 2 this week. I was really impressed with 'Blackwater' and found it really interesting that a lot of the effects were practical effects, not computer generated.

I think the show has really helped me appreciate the characters more. The limited time means much less of characters sitting around and doing nothing, which, IMO, happened too often in the books.

Life Is The Path wrote:
Game Of Thrones redubbed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ#t=218

Great video - I showed it to my dad, and we were laughing like maniacs halfway through. I really liked how they created a story this time. Usually these videos are just them saying nonsense, so it was nice to see some creativity here.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

There was apparently a 15 minute sneak peek released today. I haven't watched it, but I get the impression that the Purple Wedding will occur early in the season. This pleases me.

I sincerely hope the show deviates from what the books have done to Dany.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Spoiler!

But yeah, I figure it's episode 2 or 3. We already know battle at the shh will be episode nine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

If anyone cares to watch it, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

I sincerely hope the show deviates from what the books have done to Dany.

The only thing that Dany does this season is
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
. Since they stuck with her story for the first half of the book, I don't really see how they can do anything different now. Or do you mean in book 5?

I for one will be really unhappy if the show significantly deviates from the books. So far the only big change, which is actually minor, is putting off the King's Moot, which should have already happened. They will either put it off until season 5, or drop it all together. It's not really essential, and it can happen off screen if it happens at all.

They have also altered Asha/Yara's storyline, but maybe not entirely off course. I think they will just cut out sending her to Deepwood and instead have her directly meet up with you know who. Not a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I meant book 5, yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Mereenese Blog's theory is that Dany is being forced to choose between peace and being a competent leader, but at the sacrifice of her core values and sense of self. Dario is impulsive and violent and is always counseling her to do the same and he appeals to the side of her that is her Dragon nature, the desire to be a conqueror and and do what she wants instead of what is best as a leader.

He thinks the whole thing is a set up for Danearys to put aside her compassion and come to Westeros to conquer as her ancestors did.

I personally hope that Danaerys comes to realize that there really is no good reason for her to rule the seven kingdoms other than a bloodline that really was never a part of her life and it actually would be better off without her.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

New GOT premier tonight!

I'll give a short non spoiler book comparison of the episode.

It was nice to see almost all of the cast here on screen, I have a feeling that it will be the last time for the season as they go back to the standard split character episodes in the future.

The opening scene with the forging of Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper was really cool, and it was an off page scene.

Jaime and Tywin was new, but I think the dialogue was from him and someone else in the book.

Oberyn and Ellaria was new, but the dialogue with him and Tyrion was from the book modified.

Danaerys was a mix of new and old, of course Daario has been recast, but they gave enough exposition for viewers not to be confused. But the new Daario seems disappointingly? less sleazy.

Jon and Sam was new. Thorn seems to have been merged with Bowan Marsh, but maybe they'll add him later since there personalities are not at all the same even if their roles basically are.

The Wildlings was slightly modified plotwise, but we will probably have a lot of new scenes with them.

Jaime and the White Book was a nice book 4 inclusion, but they added Joffrey in the scene so good way to give him some more dialogue.

Brienne might try to track down Arya? That is a slight book deviation, wonder where they will take that.

They swapped out Brienne and Loras for her and Margaery. I don't think it works as well, but makes sense since she's more focal on the show.

For whatever reason they left out The Tickler at the Inn, but it was probably just to cut done on characters and makes sense.

Oh yeah, and the Hound was cracking me up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The recast of Daario actually sort of pleases me. If they portray him from a less skeevy angle,

I enjoyed the scenes with The Hound and Arya immensely. I hope Arya will have a large amount of screen time this season. I was disappointed that there wasn't more of Tyrion, but that'll come later, I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess that they killed the Tickler at Harrenhall in season 2, so that's why he wasn't killed by Arya at the Inn. Not really a spoiler since technically the show spoiled it by 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Someone pointed out a serious error in episode 2.

Roose Bolton arrives at the Dreadfort and hatches up a plan to retake Moat Cailin from the Ironborn....wait a minute, if the Ironborn hold the gateway through the neck how the heck did he get past it into the north? and if he could just bypass it, then why does he need to retake it? It's not like he somehow snuck through but is waiting on his army since we see him with his captains.

In the book he comes up with the scheme precisely because he's stuck down south and can't get past. Makes zero sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 7