Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6 - The Lost Missions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6 - The Lost Missions
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote  

It's official now, and it'll be airing on Netflix.

Quote:
Exclusive Licensing Agreement with The Disney/ABC Television Group Brings Star Wars Content to Netflix Streaming Members for the First Time

The Galactic Republic, Disney/ABC Television Group, Lucasfilm, and Netflix Inc. today announced the highly anticipated debut of the sixth and final season of the Emmy(r) Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars exclusively to Netflix members in the US and Canada on Friday, March 7. Accompanying the 13-episode new season dubbed "The Lost Missions" will be the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars saga, which includes several director's cut episodes never seen on TV as well as the feature film. This multi-year agreement also makes Netflix the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

In these eagerly anticipated episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits, and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Fans will not only be able to watch the thrilling finale, they'll be able to see more of Star Wars: The Clone Wars than ever before as Netflix will also stream the director's cut of seasons one to five.

"Stars Wars is one of the most iconic franchises of all time and this series joins a long line of Disney content that Netflix members are and will continue to enjoy for years to come," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. "The Clone Wars marks an important moment as Netflix welcomes more and more first-run content from The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries."

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the first time any Star Wars content has been available for Netflix streaming members. The deal follows a recent announcement from Netflix and The Walt Disney Company to bring multiple original series based on Marvel characters to the service in 2015. Netflix will be the exclusive US subscription television service for first-run, live-action, and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature, and Lucasfilm beginning in 2016. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC Entertainment Group and Disney Channel films and TV shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

Source: http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-final-season-the-lost-missions-to-hit-netflix-on-march-7.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, I'm really glad my family got Netflix!

Now, does this mean that all the new episodes will be available on March 7 (which I believe is how Netflix usually operates), or will they have a staggered release>

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote  

I haven't used Netflix in a long time, so I'm not sure. I'd imagine they'd follow normal practices. According to the news release, Season 6 will debut on March 6. Sounds like it's the whole shebang.

I don't get Netflix, and I'm not setup for livestreaming to any of my TVs. So this news is pretty lackluster for me. If they're not going to do a DVD release for the material, I'll probably get a copy off the internet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm super pumped! I glad they're releasing all 6 seasons. It sounds like all seasons will be released at once.

And I am sure a DVD release will follow eventually. I've never heard of a series doing an internet only release. At least, not a series so well known.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Meh. I don't have Netflix, and I don't see that changing - at all. I'll wait for the DVD.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Same here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote  

I'm tempted to do a one month free trial with Netflix just watch TCW, but I still need to figure out how I want/can get it onto my tv. I'm definitely not watching 13 episodes on my computer screen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'm tempted to do a one month free trial with Netflix just watch TCW, but I still need to figure out how I want/can get it onto my tv. I'm definitely not watching 13 episodes on my computer screen.

Do you have an HDMI cord? We use one to hookup laptops to our TV and watch Netflix that way.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, but I'm worried about lag. My laptop is a little old now (still using the one I got from Mara Wink ) and my wifi isn't the fastest.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I might get my Netflix back for a month to watch this.

I also haven't seen the new Arrested Development episodes, so I'd be able to watch that too.

The problem is that Netflix Canada's selection is terrible. We tend to get movies and TV shows slower than in the US. But I think with Netflix-original things, it happens right away. So hopefully I'll gamble and win.

That's how I plan to do the new Netflix-original Marvel shows too (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Power Man, Iron Fist, Defenders).

I watch on my PS3, but the Blu-Ray player on my other TV also has a Netflix app.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The trailer has been released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6gZdTUKQo

Looks pretty epic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I facepalmed at the Yoda-going-to-Dagobah-before-ESB part, but now that I think about it, it actually makes sense. Why did Yoda go to Dagobah after the Jedi were massacred?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
I facepalmed at the Yoda-going-to-Dagobah-before-ESB part, but now that I think about it, it actually makes sense. Why did Yoda go to Dagobah after the Jedi were massacred?

Yeah, I thought that was weird at first too. And it looks like some cool Force vision stuff.

Is it just me, or does Yoda appear to be dueling Sidious at one point (about 2:21)?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Is it just me, or does Yoda appear to be dueling Sidious at one point (about 2:21)?

Yeah, that was one facepalm I'm sticking to. How the blazes would Sidious conceal his identity during a lightsaber duel?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
GrandMaster wrote:

Yeah, that was one facepalm I'm sticking to. How the blazes would Sidious conceal his identity during a lightsaber duel?

Yes I second that!

I hear a new apprentice you have, Emperor... or should I say "Darth Sidious"?
Master Yoda... you survived.
Surprised?
You are senile, Master Yoda, it blinds you. We've met before. You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of usss.
When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm? Mine, mine, mine! What wait?
Your dementia blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 4