Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote  

"And for Christmas, you shall all have a new Star Wars movie!" Now that's a Christmas present. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jedi Joe wrote:
Episode VII release date announced

December 18th, 2015. Interesting to see them veer away from the Wednesday before Memorial Day.

They have to move away from Memorial Day, since Avengers 2 comes out May 1.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd have rather waited until May 2016 so that it was still a May release, and they had more time to get things done properly.

Lets be honest, this will be the biggest film release of the decade in all likelihood based on hype alone, so there's going to be no end of criticism if everything isn't perfect.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I realised yesterday that release on 18/12 means I can see a midnight showing on the night of my birthday (17/12)!

Should be a good one.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is being called "the first behind-the-scenes picture":

It was tweeted by Bad Robot with the words, "Hi from the workshop! #StarWarsVII"

If this is indeed the R2 they're using in the film, I'm a bit surprised at how cleaned up he looks, considering that we've been hearing Episode VII will be going back to old school Star Wars.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
This is being called "the first behind-the-scenes picture":

It was tweeted by Bad Robot with the words, "Hi from the workshop! #StarWarsVII"

If this is indeed the R2 they're using in the film, I'm a bit surprised at how cleaned up he looks, considering that we've been hearing Episode VII will be going back to old school Star Wars.

So what you're saying is that you never clean anything Reep? Razz

Also, for a lot of movies, if they want to age something realistically, they'll build a perfectly new copy and then age it.

For example, for the movie Defiance, the main character wore a leather coat the whole movie. He was leading a group of survivors during German Occupation in WWII who lived in a forest in hiding. To show the passage of the war years they made two identical coats. One they used at the beginning and was left basically new. The other they spent two weeks having people walk over, beating with chains, hacked at a couple times with a box cutter, soaked in water and left crumpled in a corner to dry etc.

The difference was quite striking, and the wear therefore looked very realistic (because it was).

The two were at an exhibit that came to the museum here on movie costumes and I have a picture that I'll try and upload when I remember.

So theoretically this is R2 before "aging" process.

Or they just did one heck of a rebuild. Luke had to do something those lonely nights on Yavin IV when Mara was away Razz

Addendum:

We have the Original Trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy, and coming soon the Sequel Trilogy.

What happens if someone decided to do episodes X-XII? what would those be called? Just a thought.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth_Henning wrote:

Addendum:

We have the Original Trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy, and coming soon the Sequel Trilogy.

What happens if someone decided to do episodes X-XII? what would those be called? Just a thought.

The Sequel Sequel Trilogy?

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote  

Just an FYI, that R2 is not one they're using for the movie, it's one made by a member of the R2 Builders Club.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Just an FYI, that R2 is not one they're using for the movie, it's one made by a member of the R2 Builders Club.

Hold up....there's an R2 Builders Club.....??????

Well I'll be lubed

http://astromech.net/

He's right!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote  

And now StarWars.com is confirming that R2 is in the movie...

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/11/19/r2-d2-is-in-star-wars-episode-7-and-hes-fan-made/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
And now StarWars.com is confirming that R2 is in the movie...

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/11/19/r2-d2-is-in-star-wars-episode-7-and-hes-fan-made/

I saw that. The first "casting news"

Oh JJ. You're so funny. He he ho ho ha ha.

That's so clever and original for a joke.

[img]http://andrewjpatrick.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/are-you-******-kidding-me-cle.jpg?w=440[/img]

THAT's your big first news for the sequel.

Why did we hire this guy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's an interesting rumour going around that the original script by Arndt focused on the Skywalker, Solo children and the new Kasden/Abrams script focuses on the Big 3. The children are then supposed to take lead roles in Episodes VIII and IX.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rumors-who-is-669997

I think balancing the Big 3 with their children is going to be one of the biggest issues with this trilogy. Like it or not, the Big 3 are going to steal the show. Even if they're given five minutes of screen time in Episode VII, the audience (myself included) will want more of them. They're the characters most of us fell in love with in the first place and seeing them on screen again is probably the biggest perk of the Sequel Trilogy. That said, from a story-telling stand-point I can see this becoming a real problem. The new characters have to be compelling characters, because they're going to carry the weight of future films and postponing their status as lead characters could hinder their development.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So... that Adam Driver rumour is getting a pretty negative response. I've never seen him in anything, so I won't comment.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I feel like at this point any actor who is not Cumberbatch will get a bad reaction. Personally, I'd never even heard of this Driver fellow until he was "cast", willing to give him a fair chance though.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
So... that Adam Driver rumour is getting a pretty negative response. I've never seen him in anything, so I won't comment.

Most of the negativity I'm seeing for him has as much, if not more, to do with the description of the villain he'll be playing than him. After the most recent Star Trek movie, having the villain be described as Darth Vader like doesn't fill me with confidence that this movie won't just be a rewash of the original films.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 22 of 33