The Walking Dead Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
*covers eyes, slowly backs away from thread, shuts door*

Out of respect to you I was planning on continuing to use tags anyway, and I think as some of us are glad you're catching up I'm sure most if not all others would be willing to keep using them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would be appreciated. It shouldn't take too long as I'm nearly finished Season 2 (about to watch the next-to-last episode as soon as I'm finished on the Cantina).

As a side note, today I was reading Prince Caspian and when I got to the part with Trumpkin, Nikabrik, and Trufflehunter debating what to do with Caspian, it made me think of the Randall dilemma. Trufflehunter wants to be hospitable, Nikabrik wants to kill him so he can't run off and inform the other Telmarines that the Old Narnians still exist, and Trumpkin thinks that, if they were going to kill Caspian, they should have done it before they had taken him, bandaged him etc. It's a near identical dilemma. It's funny how often those parallels come up in what I'm reading/watching.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's cool. I'm Ok to use them for pre season 4 if necessary, that way it will also help anyone else who might want to catch up.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Watched "Better Angels" last night.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm three episodes into Season 3. "Walk with Me" is by far my least favourite episode so far, but then Andrea is my least favourite character so go figure. My initial thoughts on Michonne is that she feels out of place, like she belongs in a different franchise. The pet zombies and everything just feels a bit over-the-top for the precedent of realism set in this show (though it is somewhat better now that I know the pet zombies actually served a functional purpose). I've really enjoyed all of the stuff with the prison so far though.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha. Spoiler for those who don't wanna know but Reep its ok for you to read this...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Michonne is best, it is known.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Question for comic readers:

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished "This Sorrowful Life":

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Regarding your two posts...

Post 1:

Part 2:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote  

Regarding last night's episode...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The new characters are fan service from the comics, so except them to be around for awhile longer.

I also expect that it won't be too long until the gang is back together. We know that Tyrese and the kids will meet up with Rick and Michone.

The other directions are a bit confusing, but Glenn went let's say right... is that the way Rick was? and then turned around and went left past the bus and then back to the right. Maggie went to the bus, but it seems like she has no reason to keep going left, so she will turn around and go right. If Rick was going right, it seems like he turned around and went back left and ended up at the traintracks, so that spot is going to be somewhere between the houses and where Glenn got picked up. That should put everyone lined up toward the tracks, except for Beth and Daryl who will spend the next episode in the woods, but will reach a building of some sort. Who knows where.

As for the time lines Rick is on day two or three since leaving the prison. Daryl is on day two, and I think everyone else is still on day one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wasn't overly hyped with the new characters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote  

He's a scientist with a mullet. It's really hard to take him seriously. Razz

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Last nigh was great. I had never seen Beth as anything but the slightly hot younger sister on the show, but after last night she is a mainstay IMO. Small group focus (only 2 people in this episode) is The Walking Dead at its best! I love the "on the run" parts of the show, being all safe in a hideout is for......... Well normal drama! This is zombie appocolyps forget all that!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 8 of 11