The Food and Drink Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love Pad Thai Smile Especially from authentic asian restaurants (there's a little Vietnamese restaurant not far from me; my wife gets Pho and I get Pad Thai).

Also, I had the opportunity to visit Beijing in November 2010, and had some great meals (my colleagues and I were guests of the government), and we got served a traditional meal at an old-timey restaurant. The main course was Peking Duck. You dip the skin in sugar and it melts in your mouth. And you use the meat and put it in this funky pita-type bread, with veggies and sauce and it makes a little wrap. Delicious.

Also, they gave us this interesting soup. Funny story, the soup had a duck broth with a pumpkin-like flavouring, and had this cartilage in it. I thought it was really good, but the other Canadian didn't like it. We asked what it was, but the Chinese couldn't think of the English word for it. It was "the best part of the fish". Then we got a translation: Shark Fin Soup.

I'm morally opposed to Shark Fin; what has to be done to the shark is terrible. But it tasted really good. I would never eat it again, but I'm glad I got to try it in that setting.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Skuldren wrote:
And lets not leave out the beverages. I shall raise a toast for Remy Martin cognac VSOP. Cool

That's my dad's favorite liquor! I'm a rum girl all the way.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
And lets not leave out the beverages. I shall raise a toast for Remy Martin cognac VSOP. Cool

Bacardi? Captain Morgan?

I'm a Captain Morgan man, myself. I call him Henry. To quote Al Pacino in the movie Scent of a Woman: "When you've known him as long as I have, you can call him whatever you want!" (after he referred to Jack Daniels as "John Daniels".)

But yea, a bit of Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, in some diet coke (or better yet, Vanilla Coke)...mmmmm.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote  

I've never had shark fin soup. but I've had fresh shark grilled in Italian seasoning right after I caught it. Best seafood I've ever eaten next to the fresh mullet we caught that day. Delicious.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I've never had shark fin soup. but I've had fresh shark grilled in Italian seasoning right after I caught it. Best seafood I've ever eaten next to the fresh mullet we caught that day. Delicious.

I've really wanted to try Shark Fin!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shark Fin soup is awful. I ate it at a wedding once. Never again.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Bacardi? Captain Morgan?

I'm a Captain Morgan man, myself. I call him Henry. To quote Al Pacino in the movie Scent of a Woman: "When you've known him as long as I have, you can call him whatever you want!" (after he referred to Jack Daniels as "John Daniels".)

But yea, a bit of Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, in some diet coke (or better yet, Vanilla Coke)...mmmmm.

I prefer Captain Morgan to Barcadi. You really can't go wrong with a rum 'n coke. Anyone else here drink wine?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I drink it every now and then, but it depends on the company I'm keeping.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote  

Went to a little mom and pop bread store on a whim the other day. They were giving out samples. I tried something called Gouda Stout.

It's delicious.

Enough said Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote  

Dancelittleewok wrote:

I prefer Captain Morgan to Barcadi. You really can't go wrong with a rum 'n coke. Anyone else here drink wine?

I drink wine when the occasion is appropriate. Otherwise I prefer beer (my favorite being Guinness when the place has it on tap). Not that I really drink much and only in a group setting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote  

Completely random but the thought struck my head, and, well, sparks lead to forum posts.

So...what's your favorite soda/pop/coke/soda pop?

I like a good root beer or Cherry Pepsi/Cherry Coke, but my current favorite is Sun Drop.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Vanilla Coke. It's amazing.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 2