Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6 - The Lost Missions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, that was a good interview. Dave gave some nice insight on the episodes. I'm looking forward to hearing Dave on RebelForce Radio to talk about Season 6.

I'd probably have to go with the Yoda arc as my favorite too. There were some great visuals in those episodes.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote  

Did anyone else listen to the Dave Filoni chat on RebelForce Radio?

Regarding Morriban...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Did anyone else listen to the Dave Filoni chat on RebelForce Radio?

Regarding Morriban...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

That all seems very fair.

Admittedly, you'd think GL might've exercised his Korriban/Morriban decision when Korriban and Coruscant were both invented in the nineties. But whatever.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Morriban/Korriban wouldn't be the only planet to have two names. It's similar to how Rex was supposed to be Alpha from the 2D series. But George didn't like the A-Team (Anakin, Ahsoka, Artoo, and Alpha.) In the grand scheme of things just a slightly different name is fine. It's a large galaxy. I'd figure every major planet had several names. ('specially since Korriban was a Czerka planet in the old days, and they changed names without pause. Like with Kashyyyk.)

I always thought that would have been an easy fix for the planet Mandalore. I don't know why two planets can't be named Mandalore. Or one of them be New Mandalore.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I don't mind a planet having two names - we have many cities on Earth with two names, after all. Still, the reasoning behind it is stupid. They have just one syllable that's similar. That's it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:

I always thought that would have been an easy fix for the planet Mandalore. I don't know why two planets can't be named Mandalore. Or one of them be New Mandalore.

For Mandalore, I've always preferred the even easier fix: planets are big, and sometimes have different physical features and governing cultures on different parts of it.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:
As far as I recall, TCW isn't a lower canon level. We were told early on (though not immediately) that T-canon is identical to G-canon, and that TCW should be treated with the same weight as the movies.

Leland wrote:
[Is Clone Wars EU?]
The Clone Wars will not be considered Expanded Universe. They'll be ranked up there with The Movies. T-canon in its entirety is not supposed to be considered part of the EU pillar, but part of the Lucas pillar.

Are the entries in the Holocron sorted as canonical & non-canonical? Are there various degrees of "officialness"?
The database does indeed have a canon field for each individual entry and for sources, though the canon level of the entry would override the canon level of the source since it factors in other sources associated with that entry. When determining canon levels for individual entries, anything in the films and from George Lucas (including unpublished internal notes that we might receive from him or from the film production department) is considered "G" canon. A new level we recently added is "T" canon, comprising of the theatrical release of The Clone Wars and the television series, in addition to the planned live-action television series. Next we have what we call continuity "C" canon which is pretty much everything else from the EU. There is a secondary "S" continuity classification used for older published materials created when there was less attention to making everything in the EU fit with everything else in the EU. But, if it is referenced in something else it becomes "C". Similarly, any "C" canon entry that makes it into the films can become "G" canon. Lastly there is non-continuity "N" which we rarely use except in the case of a blatant contradiction. Any contradictions that arise are dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

And all G level would mean GL himself checks over it right?
G-level canon has nothing to do with GL checking over anything. It's anything that can be taken from the films or internal notes from him which can come from discussions, early drafts, or comments on GL-approved text. The G/C/S-level canon stuff is a construct specifically for the Holocron. Non-Holocron users would have no idea what this stuff even means and I would say most of the people who use the Holocron don't use the field, instead looking specifically to the source of the material. Individual entries are not broken down by canon level.
This is how I use it:
- We need a list of characters from the films. I'll do a search of characters by G-canon.
- We need a list of some planets from the films and the EU. I'll do a search for planets sorted by canon to determine which ones are going to recognized by more people.
- Source A contradicts Source B. More likely than not, if Source A is from the films and Source B is from the EU, we'll use Source A. Of course, there can always be exceptions which is why the case-by-case determination is always in effect no matter what the Sources.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120508045509/http:/blogs.starwars.com/holocron/56

The obvious implication has always been that G-canon takes the greatest presedence. So while T-canon is part of the same pillar -the Lucasverse- the same implied hierarchy presumaby goes for it too, permitting it to override G-canon only in exceptional cases. Which is also the only thing that makes sense for a show where GL has less creative control than ever, with other people directing and writing scripts, and him only laying out underlying ideas and vetos as needed. There is no reason to think T-canon was ever identical to G-canon. If it had been, why would it even exist?

Well, this is how it used to be. With the new alleged "one canon" system, who knows. But the premise for TCW these last five years was as best I can figure without inside knowledge, that T-canon existed to permit these other creators to play in the sandbox without constraints by the EU, yet clearly inform anyone referencing the info later that it didn't therefore necessarily hold Lucas-level weight. Canon levels existed to categorize a gazillion SW things by authoritativeness, for easy reference by content creators who have enough to worry about without doing first-hand research.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 4 of 4