Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

GrandMaster wrote:
I'm about 100 pages in and liking the book, but not loving it. It does keep a good momentum going, but at the current pace I worry the book will run out of plot before the end.

Okay, guess I had nothing to worry about. This was a pretty good book, and an improvement over Death Troopers for me (I never read Red Harvest). My only problem was with the graphic description of violence - it felt too graphic for a SW book. I'm okay with it in other contexts (like A Song of Ice and Fire) but here it was just too much.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I really liked this book. Liked all the characters and the way they were written. The violence was a bit much but it made it feel not so much a SW book which was ok to me.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The book was a good read no question about that. Maul was depicted pretty much exactly the way I see him in my mind. I really liked the idea of a moving/reconfiguring prison. It served a great purpose in how they set up and moved prisoners around, while at the same time giving the set location a life of its own.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:35 am Reply with quote  

Regarding Radique...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Ahhh that sheds some light on that

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Boo to Delrey then. Joe's idea would have been more satisfying to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree that would have brought it to an almost Zahn/Scoundrals level of a last chapter twist. But we got nothing instead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote  

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That's what I love (and will miss) about the coutinuity monster that is the SW universe. Because that would mean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote  

Been awhile since I've read Outbound Flight...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3