Millenium Falcon by James Luceno Discussion (Spoilers!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I purchased this book because James Luceno wrote it, but I don't know when I'll get around to it. Maybe I'll read a couple chapters today and that will just pull me in....I hope Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think it will Aush. It's a great book in just about every way. :D

Absolutely loved seeing a 3-dimensonal Allana.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote  

Haven't quite finished it yet, but I'm getting close. And boy is there some greatness in this book. Luceno has brought back Han and Leia to their former glory, along with 3P0. Allana is also coming along well and I'm glad they went the route that they did for her. Plus Jadak is probably one of the best non-Force, non-Mando characters I've read about lately. I must say the book was a little slow for me to warm up to at first, but a quarter of the way in, I was really starting to get into it. Now I'll have to see if the end holds up to the rest.

And there's some great teasers at the FOTJ series in here. I can't wait Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Agreed Skuldren. I loved seeing 3PO actually do something and it was great to see him back. I also loved Han's line about him as well. Smile

Oh, I forgot to ask but did anyone else feel like they were reading Indiana Jones in the last few pages?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds awesome! I'm still waiting to get it from my library. Only one of the branches has gotten their's in yet, and unfortunately it's not mine. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just finished it. It was better than a lot of LotF and renewed my faith in the EU. It was really nice to see a book focus on Han and Leia again. Its been since what, Tattooine Ghost? But yeah, decent book. Not the greatest of endings. Simply wasn't impressed with that, but its serving as a nice lead in to FotJ Outcast. I'm really excited for that now.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote  

I did have a little trouble trying conceptualize the end. I couldn't quite picture the scene he was trying to describe.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's the same problem I had Skuldren.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ooook, now this book has evaded me for toooo long=c.
None of the bookshops here hav kept it yet......
So just tell me, do they tell us wat happened to Caedus's body???They cremate it right???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agh! *covers ears* I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive from the library, but I must say I'm not the most patient person. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

U gotta understand my position dude....The 'book' most probably isn't coming here...a Lot of them dont...like the LEgacy Comics..I still havnt read them=c.---Nt a lot of SW fans here....strange isnt it???
But the usually the main books DO make IT=D.
However this one aint coming- Sad
-__-__-__-__-__-__-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote  

There was one odd statement made by Leia about Caedus' body after death. I'm not really sure what she meant by it though. They didn't mentioned any funerals though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Should I read the ending of Invincible agn=p....or will u save me the trouble and gimme the gist of it=D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Basically FatalFist...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh well...=c///Im writing this fantasy short story...and I end up cremating Caedus body....
_____________________-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 8 of 9