Star Wars: Assault Team
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: Assault Team
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Anyone else playing this game on Android?

So far, I like the game, but there are some things that I don't like.

1. Too hard to accumulate Gems.
2. I only play the "free" stuff. The ingame cost for crates and such are too much.
3. I found that I very quickly ran out of gems just on the Kashyyk missions because the opponents they put against you are just too powerful for low level characters.
4. The arena...I wish they'd develop a way to keep the "free" players from having to go up against "paying" players. And to keep paying players from attacking free players.

There are other things that I'm hoping the developers will "work out". I think this can be a fun game, but right now, without any gems and no ingame way of getting more, I feel sort of stuck. Anyone know where to find some "tips" for doing better in the game?

Re: Star Wars: Assault Team
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:
Anyone else playing this game on Android?

So far, I like the game, but there are some things that I don't like.

1. Too hard to accumulate Gems.
2. I only play the "free" stuff. The ingame cost for crates and such are too much.
3. I found that I very quickly ran out of gems just on the Kashyyk missions because the opponents they put against you are just too powerful for low level characters.
4. The arena...I wish they'd develop a way to keep the "free" players from having to go up against "paying" players. And to keep paying players from attacking free players.

There are other things that I'm hoping the developers will "work out". I think this can be a fun game, but right now, without any gems and no ingame way of getting more, I feel sort of stuck. Anyone know where to find some "tips" for doing better in the game?

I've been playing it too. The main trick to not spending all those gems is resisting the temptation to hit the revive button because of that window saying "this is what you'll loose if you don't." It's tempting but you should resist because it's counting on you burning through gems and spending actual cash to advance instead of taking the free routes that level up your heroes so you can clear the mission without a revive (see below on the free route).

When I've been too low leveled I run a bunch of the training missions (farthest tab to the left). Those reward credits and training items (what type depends on whether you run a weapon, survival, smuggler etc. mission). Running those allowed me to level up my heroes so they could complete missions without respawning. Sometimes trying different hero combos also helps. I also rerun old missions at harder difficulties as that also nets you rewards.

By and large I'd recommend saving gems for the lowest level gem crate that rewards you with a hero. Sometimes that gets me a new hero that can make missions a little easier. If the hero is a duplicate you can actually cannibalize them to train other heroes (when you click on training hit the blue button at the bottom left of the list of all your training items to cycle through "training" "promotion" and "heroes" categories).

Also something I recently discovered: on a heroes turn they can actually use another heroes active ability if it is charged up (you click on the ability you want as if it was that heroes turn). With Han for example I've used that technique to 1 shot a weak enemy with his regular attack when it's his turn and then use his ability on the next heroes turn to 1 shot (or nearly kill) a more powerful enemy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's a super fun game! But I agree. Too hard to get gems and that kinda kills the fun a bit.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've been playing it more and have figured it out better. Thanks for the tip about being able to use others bonus power even when it's not that heroes turn. I've used that several times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote  

something I've recently noticed: the credit price for using an item to train your hero is the same regardless of the amount of XP it gives. So a tier 3 training item will cost the same as using a tier 1 training item even though there is a significant difference between the XP gain. So what I've been doing more recently is selling tier 1 items to stockpile extra credits and only using tier 2 or higher training items.

I haven't yet figured out whether XP beyond the level required to be able to promote a hero carries over to the next rank but if it doesn't carry over I think that might be the one case where using a tier 1 item would still be useful (minimum wasted XP). If XP does carry over though then the only reason to use a tier 1 item is on rank 1 heroes and/or when the next level brings them to the level cap for their rank and they can't be promoted to a higher rank.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the tip Salaris!

So, I have a total of 7 "heroes" (Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, R2, 3PO, and a Gotal). All of them are levelled up to 11 or 12. I just started trying the Mos Espa missions and can't make it through. Ugh! Really?! *sigh*

So, I guess I'll be spending all of my energy and credits training them up for a while more.

Is anyone really spending time playing PvP in the Arena?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote  

Happy to help.

to revise my earlier statement on training items: it seems that up to level 6-7 tier 1 training items produce a significant XP gain. so if you have a hero that just got promoted using tier 1 items to level them is a good idea as it means you can save your higher tier items for heroes that are level 8+ where it takes much more XP to reach the next level.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Question: I have all Tier 3 heroes at level 11 or 12. At what level will they promote to Tier 4?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote  

level 15

I would really suggest focusing on doing the daily special missions that are themed (weapon Wednesday etc.) as those will be your best opportunity to get high level training and promotion items relevant to their affinities

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Roger that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote  

So I thought it might be helpful to compile a list of the different heroes you can get. Below is a list of the heroes I have gotten. I haven't used all of the heroes so some have more detailed information than others based on how much (or if) I've used them on missions. If any of you have acquired heroes not on my list please share them and I'll add them to the list. Also if you have additional pros/cons (or info such as ability charge time) for the heroes on my list please feel free to let me know and I'll add it.

So it seems that heroes can be broken down into the following catagories:
DPS Like in games such as The Old Republic these guys are your primary damage dealers and youíll need them if you want to kill anything quickly

Tank Combining high total health with abilities that force your enemies to attack them their purpose is to keep the enemy from killing the rest of your team

Medic As the name implies their job is to keep everyone healthy and while they can do damage to the enemy their primary benefit to the team is the heal ability

Debuff their primary role is to apply debuffs to the enemy

Crowd Control their abilities allow them to stun targets, against powerful enemies this can mean the difference between getting your team 1 shotted and giving them the chance to kill the enemy first

Hero List

Han Solo
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Average base damage
ability allows you to multiply the base damage against a single target
At higher tiers heíll basically be able to 1 shot Tier 1 & 2 enemies and some Tier 3 enemies without using his ability
Average ability charge time of 4 bars
Starts missions with ability fully charged

Cons:
None really, heís a pretty solid DPS choice

Chewie
Type:
Tank
Pros:
Taunt ability is also a self heal
Due to self heal he can safely be used to taunt both melee and blaster foes
Short charge time of 3 bars

Cons:
If the taunt is used as an emergency heal the taunt effect can get him killed if your other heroes canít dispatch the enemies that are now focusing fire on him

Luke Skywalker
Type:
Tank/DPS Hybrid
Pros:
Good base damage
Melee attack bypasses resistance to blasters
Damage is multiplied against beasts
Taunt grants complete immunity to blaster fire
Taunt reflects blaster fire back, this permits the tactic of wounding enemies and then letting them kill themselves when forced to attack Luke

Cons:
Long ability charge time of 5 bars
as a hybrid he has lower health than a pure tank like Chewie
Taunt does not protect against melee damage
Has no self heal to undo any melee damage taken as a result of a taunt
As a tank heís less useful against a group of melee and blaster opponents, especially if you lack a medic to heal the melee damage he takes

R2-D2
Type:
Crown Control
Pros:
Decent damage
ability allows you to stun droids and Imperial Walkers; at high levels these enemies can easily 1 shot your team so this shouldnít be underestimated

Cons:
As a droid healing abilities that work on meatbags wonít fix him
Relies on medics whose heal ability is specifically for droids

Leia
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Good base damage
ability allows you to hit 3 targets in 1 turn
At Tier 3+ the ability also multiplies the damage done allowing you to kill an enemy if you were just a few damage points shy of what you needed to 1 shot them
Solid area of effect (AOE) DPS option

Cons:
Slow ability charge time of 5 bars

Rodian
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Very high base damage; roughly equivalent to what youíd get using Hanís ability at a comparable level

Cons:
Seems to have poor accuracy compared to other heroes making overall DPS less consistent
Gamble that youíll not miss attacks that will make or break your ability to survive when fighting powerful foes
Caps at Tier 4 so presumably Han who can get promoted to Tier 5 will eventually outpace a Rodian in base damage

Gamorean
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Good base damage
Ability multiplies damage similar to Hanís with the added benefit of debuffing accuracy of the target

Cons:
None that I can think of although I havenít leveled them much yet

Rebel Medic
Type:
Medic
Pros:
Heal can be used on self or other meatbags
Short charge time of 2 bars

Cons:
Can only be promoted to Tier 2
Tier 2 limits health so at higher levels its entirely possible to get 1 shotted or spend most of your heals keeping the medic alive instead of allies
Tier 2 limits damage so against high level enemies youíll only be tickling them

Jawa
Type:
Medic
Pros:
Heal for droids

Cons:
No ability to self heal

Trando
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Self-heal ability (note that when facing them as an enemy if the are wounded and their heal is up the AI will default to healing if a taunt is not in play; wounding can thus be used to buy yourself an extra turn of not taking damage from them if you canít 1 shot them)

Cons:
Heal ability only works on self

Wookiee
Type:
DPS/Medic hybrid
Pros:
Decent base damage
Heal ability that works on self and any other wookiees in group
Creating a team of wookiees with this ability could make them very difficult to kill as they can heal each other

Cons:
Heal ability will not heal non-wookiees

IT-O
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Ability applies poison damage over time (DOT) to a single target

Cons:
While DOT is good by not being a straight damage multiplier it may give the enemy another chance to hurt your team before the DOT kills them

Rebel Trooper
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Good base damage
ability at Tier 3 allows you to ďaimĒ which will multiply the damage done by subsequent attacks by this hero
ability at Tier 4 becomes "command" which buffs damage of all allies by 60%

Cons:
ďAimingĒ is an action and does no damage that turn, may present problems if you need the increased damage but canít afford to take a turn where the hero does no damage to the enemy
"Command' functions like aim and they will do no damage that turn
"Command" as far as I can tell does not buff the trooper's damage
as far as I can tell cannot be promoted beyond Tier 4

Gotal
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Ability is an AOE grenade attack that does DOT
Short ability charge time of 3 bars
DOT will be useful against groups of 5+ enemies where you have an increased chance for the DOT to tick and kill them before your next hero is up
As far as I can tell grenades bypass shields/abilities that reduce damage from blasters

Cons:
ability trades regular single target damage for slightly less damage but the ability to attack multiple targets
like other DOTs this may mean the enemy is still alive several turns later (note that as an enemy the DOT will carry over into the next group of enemies so the DOT may be more threatening to you the player than to AI enemies you wish to kill as quickly as possible)
Against 4 or less enemies the DOT may not come into play if the rest of your team has the power to kill the weakened enemies
Because it is only a % of your regular damage this ability won't really do meaningful damage until higher levels

C-3PO
Type:
Debuff
Pros:
Base attack lowers the accuracy of a single target
Ability lowers the accuracy of the enemy group
Against enemies with lots of health this may help keep your team alive by preventing the enemy from hitting them

Cons:
Debuff may not always be as helpful as having a DPS who can kill an enemy outright
Does not do damage with his attack

Bossk
Type:
DPS
Pros:
Ability is a grenade AOE that hurts 3 adjacent targets
Ability has a short charge time of 3 bars
seems to have the ability to go twice (he goes, the next enemy, then him again)
At tier 4 the ability does 100% normal damage
Below tier 4 ability does 10-15% more damage than a Gotalís grenade ability

Cons:
Grenade does not have a DOT component like Gotals so you canít kill tougher enemies with a DOT
Seems to have a greater chance to miss with both regular and ability attack than other heroes although he appears to be more consistent than Rodians (plus the ability to attack twice may compensate for the lower accuracy)
Likely only available from an Arena crate

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good list!

I'm currently rocking tier 3 cards. I have Han, Chewie, Leia, and a katarn. Once Luke is tier 3 I'll probably replace Chewie with him.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Good list!

I'm currently rocking tier 3 cards. I have Han, Chewie, Leia, and a katarn. Once Luke is tier 3 I'll probably replace Chewie with him.

Thanks! The list has been updated to include Bossk.

Some things I've discovered:
If you combine training cards of different levels (for example Weapon 1, 2, 3) you get a significant bonus XP for having a set. So for higher levels rather than just using type 3 or 4 training items only you should aim to get a set as you'll get significantly more XP than you'd get using the type 3 or 4 training item on it's own.

Also as for Arena:
as near as I can figure when you "attack" someone the AI controls their cards based on whatever mission team they last had. This means you're not going to set waiting for another live player to decide to do PvP.

You'll also get paired up based on rank, not the highest tier your mission team has. That means if you start PvP with a mission team of mostly tier 4 heroes your first few matches will probably be against guys with mostly tier 2-3 heroes. I felt kinda bad for the Tier 2-3 guys I ended up beating but what can you do.

Assuming you win your first match you get the option to try your luck with another match to earn even greater rewards (the risk being that if you loose you loose all of your spoils from the previous match) or take your winnings (called bounties) and be happy. As far as I could tell choosing the former doesn't cost you any additional energy and if your team is at high health (preferably full health) it can be worth it to try your luck as the bounty reward steadily increases the longer you stay in the arena. If you choose the later you can immediately get into a new PvP match (provided you have the energy to pay the cost, just like any other mission) and the process will reset (ie win the match and then choose to take your bounties or gamble them on another match). Like missions any damage your heroes take fighting one wave will be carried over to the next if you decide to try your luck by continuing the matches so take this into consideration.

Also note that if an enemy attacks you and wins they'll take some of any bounties you have stockpiled. Thus the wisest course of action seems to be to do PvP just enough to have the bounties to buy a bounty crate (I suggest the midlevel crate as it contains heroes and shouldn't take long to earn the bounties to buy it). Once you have the bounties to buy the crate you want purchase it. Odds are you'll be left with a paltry amount of bounties so if you get attacked and loose you won't have lost anything significant.

I am unaware if there is a protection in place to prevent you from loosing more than X number of bounties but I wouldn't really recommend chancing it to find out the hard way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the tip about the training XP. I've only been using tier 3 and 4 and selling 2 and 1. I'll stop that now and collect them until I have a set.

As for the Arena, when I tried it, I found that my first "match" was fairly easy, but got progressively harder. I think I was often a victim of being out "levelled". Also, I was attacked A LOT and lost a lot of bounties. So, I played just enough to get 150 and buy a crate. Then I stopped. Hopefully, once I level up all of my 7 characters to Tier 4 (btw, it costs 25 gems if you don't have the 3 promotion items...and since I only have 20 gems at the moment it looks like I'm gonna be searching for some promotion items for a while.)

You can purchase shields to keep your bounties safe for a while, but be warned...if you go back into the Arena you will lose your shields.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

here's a little tip...

R2 at level 11 (Tier 3) does more damage to "beasts" than Chewie at level 15 (still Tier 3). And R2 is also great against droid enemies.

When fighting droids and jawas, I try to take out the droids first because they either poison you or bump you...either of which can't be repelled. And jawas don't do too much damage to you anyway.

I have yet to find a good defense against 5 Tuskens or Gammoreans. Both of those are my weakness. Only Han can one shot them, but then there are 4 more that pound me. Got any advice on how to handle them best?

To me, any enemy that is non-blaster attack is difficult.

Page 1 of 4