The Debate Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Debate Thread
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

By popular demand, a debate thread. We'll try to keep this as organized as possible. First, we will choose a topic to debate, and debate it until it is regarded as "closed", and then move on to a new topic.

So, which topic first? This can be anything, politics, religion, sports, morals, things from movies or novels, etc...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Star Wars related?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Star Wars related?

anything, not just star wars. EDIT: I think anyways.....

Last edited by Autobon on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Finally.....but now all thats left is my ranting thread=D.
How abt the fact that girls tend to get away with everythin!!!!.
My sister just ate my share of the pudding....and my parents never say ANYTHIng TO HER....Shes like 2 years older....=c

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Star Wars related?

anything, not just star wars.

Shouldn't this be in the Mos Eisley Cantina then?
As for topics how about we debate what the best movie of the summer was.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Tropic Thunder???I reaaaaly loved that movie...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Never saw it and proud of it.
In the words of Reepicheep, "I think you know where I stand, sire." *cough Prince Caspian cough*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote  

So much randomness...I'll back the Summer movie topic. My vote goes for Batman. I dare you to debate it. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote  

Reepicheep wrote:
Autobon wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Star Wars related?

anything, not just star wars.

Shouldn't this be in the Mos Eisley Cantina then?
As for topics how about we debate what the best movie of the summer was.

I think Old Master Ben means debating anything Star Wars related. If it was going to be about politics, religion, serious current events etc. it would belong in the Meditation Grove. The Mos Eisley Cantina is for more lighthearted debates (movies, music, which brand of cat/dog food is better etc.)

I'll PM Old Master Ben for clarification.

Re: The Debate Thread
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But he says in the opening post:

Old Master Ben wrote:
So, which topic first? This can be anything, politics, religion, sports, morals, things from movies or novels, etc...

Confused

Edit: Look, we're debating already. How thoughtful of us. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Re: The Debate Thread
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
But he says in the opening post:

Old Master Ben wrote:

Confused

Edit: Look, we're debating already. How thoughtful of us. Wink

lol, if I may though: there is politics in Star Wars (the Senate, everything in ROTS jumps to mind), religion in Star Wars (The Force, and various assorted cultures religions), sports (whatever that game being played on the screen in Dex's Dinner among others), morals (just about anything Star Wars, Light vs. Dark Side comes to mind); and all these things are from movies and/or novels.

So you see many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm so glad that this is here.......
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I really want to continue the debate from the other forum since I really haven't had that kind of mental interaction in a long while. And yea, here's the but, as I've mentioned somewhere in the forums, the Skirata house hold is going through changes and it doesn't mean the addition of all the new "clones" running around after the War ended - hahahaha ---- errrrr okay bad joke.

In short, it's very stressful here and I think you could tell by the last post i made, my mind is right now too many places at once. It's getting hard to focus when a bigger thing just site there hanging over your head.

Autobon, Mara, FataFist, OMB, Darth and anyone else who contributed, that was a blast!! Took my mind off the bigger thing for awhile, well you can say what we discussed was also a "big" thing but hopefully you get my point.

That was a very hot button topic that could go around and around with the hope of finding a common ground. What we need to do as a society is find the common ground to move forward, not back. This election on Tuesday in my opinion is the biggest one since I've been alive. What happens come Nov. 5th will change this country no matter who gets in.

I don't believe the retoric that it will could "four more years." I believe that it can't be regardless of who gets in! This country is a mess right now and the status quo <to> won't work. Something HAS to change regardless of who gets in. Not just promises - true action. The question is, will the change be a positive that could help me out right now or would it be a negative where we all lose.

And again I say, regardless of WHO gets in, something has to change - not just promise. Too many politicians promise change is coming. Look at the Democratic controlled congress, Palossi promised change two years ago. They have done nothing. You want proof - look at the job approval ratings for congress, it's just above the presidents, just above him on the totum pole. Tell me why THAT fact is not in the media???

I've got to stop now - dinner is calling and my mind is about ready to explode. I'll be around folks. Sorry for the misspellings - didn't spell check this one Sad .

This is your Uncle Kal signing off - "Good Night . .... and Good Luck"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Kal...sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Glad if we can help clear your mind for a little while, but I hope you're doing okay. Not really sure what your situation is, but if things are a little down, hope they get better soon! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Re: I'm so glad that this is here.......
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am with Mara Jade on this one, hope whatever's troubling you gets solved as soon as possible. Wish you well.

Kal_Skirata wrote:
look at the job approval ratings for congress, it's just above the presidents, just above him on the totum pole. Tell me why THAT fact is not in the media???

Hmm.. this is juicy.. **quickly looks around for Salaris Vorn**

Very Happy Ah come on, you know i am just joking Very Happy

Re: I'm so glad that this is here.......
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quote  

Autobon wrote:

Kal_Skirata wrote:
look at the job approval ratings for congress, it's just above the presidents, just above him on the totum pole. Tell me why THAT fact is not in the media???

Hmm.. this is juicy.. **quickly looks around for Salaris Vorn**

*hears name mentioned* You rang? Razz

Quote:
Very Happy Ah come on, you know i am just joking Very Happy

yeah I know.

Be careful about that nice juicy bait though, it could turn out to be an Ewok net trap (Great Autobon, great, always thinking with your stomach )

As far as a topic to debate until Old Master Ben clarifies whether it has to be Star Wars specific I think the topic is summer movies since it has gotten backing by several other posters preceding Kal Skiraata's bait. And according to Old Master Ben's rules we pick something to debate, debate it until satisfied that its been debated sufficiently and then pick a new topic.

My vote goes to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 7