Fandom Comics: Star Wars Fan Comics, Fiction and RPG Materia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you enjoy the Fandom Comics Website?
Yes! It was fantastic! I wish the official material had this much care put into it!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes, it was pretty good, not bad for fan material at all.
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No, I can't say I enjoyed any of your comics or RPG material. Don't quit your day-job.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Psh, I didn't bother to check your site out, n00b.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Fandom Comics: Star Wars Fan Comics, Fiction and RPG Materia
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:53 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hello, just thought I would let everyone know about my website, Fandom Comics at http://www.fandomcomics.com where we host two fan comics, Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War, and Tales of the Chu'unthor. We also are home to the Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook, and a small bit of fan fiction to support the comics, one fic was recently nominated for a theforce.net 2008 fan fiction award, Cheedak's Last Hunt.

I would urge all star wars fans to at least give the site a look!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quote  

I took a glance and liked what I saw, I'll be sure to delve into the comics as soon as I get some free time. By the way, the shell Hutts looked awesome Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to go with the "Yes, it was pretty good, not bad for fan material at all." Nicely done, especially the comics. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the support guys! Stayed tuned to our site or this thread for updates when we next have them!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well, just wanted to let you all know we at http://www.fandomcomics.com have updated the site again and posted our Capital Ships chapter for our Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook. Contained are 46 capital ships, two of which have original artwork (Givin Wavecrest Frigate and Geonosian Corvette). I am very excited to present the new chapter, and canít wait to hear what you all think of it. Next month we will be taking a small break, and posting a smaller RPG update that we have been holding in reserve dealing with Starship rules, and breaking them down for GMs that are having difficulty understanding the stats. October 1st is when transports are going up though! In any case, let me know what you think of the Capital ship chapter, any errors you might spot, how it worked in your games if you used it, or just your general impressions after downloading!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the praise guys! TJ is an awesome artist, and I knew hed knock those shell hutts out of the park when I had him include them! I love sticking in little nods to existing continuity like that, so if you like that sort of thing, you should def check out the other comic and the fan fiction and our RPG material!

The 1st of the month came again, and we updated again! This time we give a sneak preview of our atmospheric vehicles chapter, showcasing speederbikes, swoops and airhooks. We also did a stat cheat sheet for starships and vehicles, breaking down the stats and showing where they all come from, complete with formulas! A must-read for anyone new to saga edition!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
http://www.fandomcomics.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote  

Finally sat down and read these...

Tales of the Chu'Unthor - Issue 1
Very nice. Interesting to see an Anx padawan and Yoda with hair. Plus I love seeing the Hutts. Very nicely put together. Good work.

Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War - Issue 1
Again, very nice artwork. It's a little tough sorting out the different characters, but their dialog is pretty good. The Rodian and the Trandoshan seem to have good chemistry. The mysterious masked ninja guy leaves a lot in the air. I wonder how he fits into things...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Glad you enjoyed them! I am hard at work trying to get my artists drawing Cracken's Crew Issue 2, the rest of Chu'unthor issue 1, and a Mace Windu mini comic I wrote. I have about 8 other comic scripts in various stages of completion as well that are still looking for artists to find a home with.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just to let you all know, we updated the site again, this time with our latest chapter of the Clone Wars fan sourcebook, featuring 50 transports! Check it out!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It was great, i enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well, a belated happy Halloween to everyone! It is the 1st of the month again, and once again Fandom Comics has posted a new chapter in their Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook! This chapter focuses on Repulsorlift vehicles, and features 52 of them from the Clone Wars era! Note that we did not reprint the 11 speederbikes/swoops and airhooks from our preview for this, so there are 63 total repulsorlift vehicles on the site now for the Clone Wars era! Also included are some new stock templates for vehicles, and additional emplacements to customize your ships and vehicles with, including a new "vulnerability" mechanic that is based off the "ion vulnerability" presented in the core book for the AAT entry!

Anyway, as always, I hope everyone enjoys the chapter, and please let us know if you find anything that needs correcting.

http://www.fandomcomics.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you all know we updated the site with our latest chapter of the clone wars saga edition fan sourcebook, which has 24 vehicles that roll on treads or wheels, or are walkers. Some new templates and emplacements as well. Please let me know if you see anything questionable, as we will be doing our big vehicle recompile this month, and hope to have all the bugs worked out of the vehicles for the big update jan 1st.

As always, the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook chapters can be downloaded at http://www.fandomcomics.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hey everyone! Just in time for use as an invaluable companion to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide, we at Fandom Comics ( http://www.fandomcomics.com ) have finally got our Jan 1st update posted! (yeah, we ran a little late, holidays, sue us) Anyway, the massive chapter contains 102 Confederacy vehicles, 81 republic vehicles, and 55 neutral vehicles, ranging from airhooks all the way up to multi-kilometer warships. Thats 238 different vehicles! The chapter also has 56 new emplacements and 19 new stock vehicle templates for use with the existing vehicle modification rules found in Starships of the Galaxy (WOTC).

This combo chapter contains all the previous vehicle chapters done on the site, but was heavily edited and had several additions of vehicles missed in the initial pass, as well as some new artwork, particularly the SX-troop transport, drawn by Eric Allen, which also has a deckplan. Note that we do intend to update this chapter one more time in the near future, after we get our copies of TCW CG, in order to delete some of our stats rendered obsolete by the new product, and add yet more stats for vehicles that we assumed would be in that book that did not make the cut.

In any case, this combination chapter represents nearly the whole of the Fandom Comics RPG effort for 2008, and our first Saga Edition offering. We hope you all find this fan supplement to be useful in your campaigns, and invaluable for those taking place during the Clone Wars era.

As always, should you notice any errors, omissions, or other issues, please make us aware of them so that we can make certain they are corrected when we repost the chapter.

Thank you all for your support and interest,

Keith "Nar" Kappel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote  

Awesome work guys. Not only does it look very professional, but it's probably the most comprehensive Star Wars vehicle guide out there. Good stuff. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks Skuldren!

Just wanted to inform you all that we have finally put up our converted Dark Side chapter, which is now in Saga Edition. The chapter can be found at http://www.fandomcomics.com . However, in the course of doing this chapter, we really put in a lot of extra work to re-writing entries and adding all the new data from the newer sources to release in the past 18 months. We have also added two additional characters.

For those of you who haven't been around long enough to remember when we put out the D20R version, just some quick thoughts on the philosophy behind the stats. In general, we look at the major players in the films as people who have come to represent the top of their respective fields in the galaxy. For instance, Bail Organa as a Level 9 Noble might work for Threats of the Galaxy, but we see him more as a Level 16 or so character. This is a senior member of the galactic senate, after all. A guy who has risen to the highest halls of power in a galaxy-spanning organization. So, in general, our NPCs will be of a higher level than those officially done by WOTC, with the intention of providing NPCs that will be able to function as "BBEG"s for entire parties. After all, Dooku's dark siders can't really function as much of a threat to a group of players if they are all level 10 and below. And using one of the Separatist Council members as the "evil brain" of a campaign plot seems to work better with them at the 15-20 CL.

Also, we do stat some characters that have already been handled officially in Saga Edition. In these cases, we typically don't have much interest in re-treading the same ground of the official stats with minor tweaks. In most cases, we will try to present a radically different take on the character. We understand that some of these might be considered controversial (We gave Darth Vader levels of scoundrel, for instance, though for good reason).

Finally, with the new Clone Wars cartoon, the timeline during the three years of war has taken a huge hit. No one is quite sure 100% when anything takes place any more. Since we didn't really have a desire to put the project on hold until things are officially straightened out, we made the decision to choose one of the existing fan timelines and use that as our bible. We chose this one: http://timelineuniverse.net/Riseoftheempire.htm#22%20BBY For anyone who feels that some event is listed as taking place at the wrong time, we are always interested in knowing when we have made an error, so we can take steps to correct it. But in the case of timelining, unless it goes against this source, we are content to leave it 'wrong" for the time being. Rest assured, when there is an official word about the sequence of events, and what retconning has to take place to make the timeline work, we will update appropriately.

In any case, the new chapter presents 18 Sith and Dark Jedi that were active during the Clone Wars for use in Clone Wars Campaigns. The pdf file is 36 pages and four pieces of original art by Holly Laing, Tim Sullivan, and TJ Colligan, all of which depict characters who are either never before depicted by official sources, or whose original source had a resolution far too low to make it suitable for presentation.

As always, please let us know what you think of the updated chapter, and fill us in on any errors you might have spotted or comments you might have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 1 of 2