What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Great line! That was a pretty cool book, better than the Jedi Path IMO

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote  

The Wrath of Darth Maul by Ryder Windham. Reading the advanced arc for Maul: Lockdown got me wanting to read more about Maul, so I dived into this one. I haven't quite finished it, but I'm about 90% through the book. It covers a really good chunk of Maul's life, from childhood to The Phantom Menace. I'm also really enjoying it a lot. I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Some of the elements in the book get mentioned in Lockdown.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished Book of Sith 10 minutes ago. Next up is Lost Tribe: The Collected Stories.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After all these years, the EU character game has gotten me back in the mood for "The Last of the Jedi", so I'm reading the first book: The Desperate Mission. Not including the ANH novelization, this is my first EU book since Crucible came out.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

[quote="tk442"]I just finished reading Fury and I'd like to read Darth Bane Rule of Two when i get the
opportunity. :tieintercepter:[/quote]

I'm in the middle of it, great one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
After all these years, the EU character game has gotten me back in the mood for "The Last of the Jedi", so I'm reading the first book: The Desperate Mission. Not including the ANH novelization, this is my first EU book since Crucible came out.

How did it go for you? I just binge-read the series in January, and found that it didn't hold up all that well. Watson has a weird sense of distance and travel time in the Star Wars galaxy that kept throwing me off.

I am currently reading The Lando Calrissian Adventures. They are okay, but seem difficult to reconcile with the later EU.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

How did it go for you? I just binge-read the series in January, and found that it didn't hold up all that well. Watson has a weird sense of distance and travel time in the Star Wars galaxy that kept throwing me off.

I am currently reading The Lando Calrissian Adventures. They are okay, but seem difficult to reconcile with the later EU.

I didn't get far lol. I didn't even finish the first book. I actually was enjoying it, but things got busy and it slipped pretty low on my priority list.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I stopped in front of the Star Wars section in Barnes and Noble yesterday and had a sudden, overwhelming sense of sadness, as there were a few books there I did not recogize. I can't really explain, but it almost hurt. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It isn't really EU, but I'm reading Star Wars and History.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote  

Let me know what you think of that book, Reep. I felt it didn't dig deep enough on the topics.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ I agree. The balance of quantity over depth was a downer. However with the great relations they came up with, combined with the photos this book was a must read.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm currently reading "Han Solo's Revenge." Good book. Can't put it down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^I recently read that trilogy. They were okay, but I found Honor Among Thieves to be a more exciting Han Solo adventure.

ETA: I just finished Shadows of the Empire today. It was pretty good, but I got a little annoyed by the constant shifting of character perspectives - half a page of Vader, then 2 paragraphs of Luke, then a page of Xizor, then half a page of Luke (not an actual example). It made the story feel rather disjointed.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

GrandMaster wrote:
^I recently read that trilogy. They were okay, but I found Honor Among Thieves to be a more exciting Han Solo adventure.

ETA: I just finished Shadows of the Empire today. It was pretty good, but I got a little annoyed by the constant shifting of character perspectives - half a page of Vader, then 2 paragraphs of Luke, then a page of Xizor, then half a page of Luke (not an actual example). It made the story feel rather disjointed.

I'm waiting until "Honor Among Thieves" comes out in paper back before I buy it.

"Shadows of the Empire" was a good book. Unfortunately after a while I don't always remember details about a book I've read, so I don't remember the shifting perspectives, but I do remember that being a good book.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Wow, I can't believe it's been 8 months since I've been on this thread...crazy!

I finished Mercy Kill and it was "okay".

Last month, I re-read Truce at Bakura for a SW book club.

Right now, I'm on Crucible ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 142 of 146