Expanded Universe Novels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Also, sometimes reading the worst can be a hilarious couple hundred pages.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Even having sworn off the EU long before the latest announcement, I am still intrigued enough by the legendary suckage of that book, that I might pick it up sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarthMRN wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
I know this isn't the time and place, but to the best of my knowledge, Disney has no plans to come into my house and steal my books.

They sure won't. Whenever I have read that posted, though, the implication is that crying over canonicity is ridicilous, cause the books are still there. With the further implication being that their primary value is the same as other books, namely quality. So I found satisfaction in 2B likening them to fan fiction. Simple as that.

Quote:
I suspect I'm one of the "quality" people you were referring to, and I will highlight that quality was never the true purpose, but you can't deny it's an influencing factor. I will buy Star Wars books that are good, and not Star Wars books that are bad. You're right though that I don't "buy good books that happen to be Star Wars."

By admitting this, I'm not sure you do fit into that category, actually. Only barely, if so.

Does it help if I say I read a lot of TFN, so my generalities about fandom is more likely to come from there with their massive posting advantage, than anything said over here?

Points taken, and I appreciate the clarifications.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Again, I'll echo the Xwing series. I would recommend reading those after Thrawn.

They are great fun. Lots of action, really great interesting characters. With the exception of Wedge, you are mostly dealing with characters who did not appear in the films and so you really get the chance to know these characters and spoiler alert, not everyone is safe.
www.FanboysTalking.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2