Star Wars: Assault Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have R2, Han, and Luke at Tier 4, but am having a really hard time finding the promotion items for Leia, Chewie, and the grenade alien (forget his species). And, I'm finding that some of the missions that I'm playing are harder than they should be. With 2 Tier 4 characters and a Tier 3 Leia (ready to promote) a Tier 3 mission should be a piece of cake, but last night I got wiped out pretty quick on a Terrifying Tuesday Tier 3 mission. And on the Arena...same thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:
And, I'm finding that some of the missions that I'm playing are harder than they should be. With 2 Tier 4 characters and a Tier 3 Leia (ready to promote) a Tier 3 mission should be a piece of cake, but last night I got wiped out pretty quick on a Terrifying Tuesday Tier 3 mission. And on the Arena...same thing.

the last patch uped the difficulty of Tier 5 missions to the point that Tier 4 heroes have no chance of surviving (I have a Tier 5 Leia plus 3 max level Tier 4 heroes and wiped every time before getting halfway through). I can't say whether they bumped up the difficulty on lower tiers but they definitely made Tier 5 a Catch 22 (you need to run the missions to level heroes to Tier 5 but have no chance of surviving the missions without Tier 5 heroes).

From what I gather looking at the game's reviews people aren't terribly happy with the difficulty change so hopefully the next patch will change it back.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I haven't played enough to get anyone above Tier 3. How does finding cards to level up characters work? I don't know if I've seen missions higher than tier 3. (Unless I am not paying attention...)

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Also anyone bother to keep a medic on them? I have a rebel doctor, which does tier 3 and 4. Not sure if it's worth it to level or worth more to sell for credits.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I haven't played enough to get anyone above Tier 3. How does finding cards to level up characters work? I don't know if I've seen missions higher than tier 3. (Unless I am not paying attention...)

If you're looking for red Tier 4 items you need to get them when the daily theme comes up (so to get a Tier 4 armor promotion item you need to wait for the armor daily mission set to come).

As for finding the promotion items you just run the promotion missions that are that promotion items class (clicking promote lets you see the items you need and selecting the items gives you a detailed description of the item, usually that description will clue you in on what type of promotion item it is based on whether it says something like "gives heroes with smuggler affiliation XP of Y value")

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Also anyone bother to keep a medic on them? I have a rebel doctor, which does tier 3 and 4. Not sure if it's worth it to level or worth more to sell for credits.

I have a Rebel Doctor card (which I think can't be promoted beyond Tier 2; I haven't come across a Rebel medic that can be promoted to Tier 3 or 4). I stopped using him since his health is so low at higher levels most enemies can 1 shot him and most of his turns end up using his heal on himself to keep him from dying.

Personally I kept my Rebel Doctor even though I can't use him cause part of my fun with this game is collecting hero cards (hence why I started that list of heroes, which I really need to update).

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you're looking for red Tier 4 items you need to get them when the daily theme comes up (so to get a Tier 4 armor promotion item you need to wait for the armor daily mission set to come).

Ah okay, I was going to say I haven't found anything higher than 3 otherwise. But I haven't had good enough cards to play a lot of the daily missions.

I have a Rebel Doctor card (which I think can't be promoted beyond Tier 2; I haven't come across a Rebel medic that can be promoted to Tier 3 or 4).

I got one recently that starts at 3 and goes to 4. I haven't bothered to upgrade it at all.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:

I got one recently that starts at 3 and goes to 4. I haven't bothered to upgrade it at all.

Then I think it really depends on your tactics. If you're going to use a team with no droids that focuses on high damage but low base health a medic would help long term survival. The same could be said if you have a team with low base damage but high health (or their damage is primarily done through DOT; either way a team that focuses on winning through attrition). If you've got a mixed force of meatbags and droids though I think a medic would be less useful. It really depends whether you find your team could benefit from having a medic or whether the loss of offensive potential is too great.

I wouldn't sell it (as you might decide you want to use it later).

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I kept the medic but haven't done much with him. I've hit a wall again in story mode both for new levels and getting higher rank in past ones. So I am working of leveling all my main cards up to 10 on Tier 3. (I know they go to 15 but I don't like them being too far off from each other.)

I picked up a Sakiyan Hunter T3 card. It looks pretty mean, so I might work on that one as well. Lvl 5 on T3 and it's got a better attack than some of my lvl 8s with similar affinities. I like that he's a blaster with a melee attack.

Otherwise still rocking Luke, Han, and Leia consistently, mixing it up with IG-88 or a Savrip, sometimes Chewie depending. Close to getting R2 to T3 just cuz.

I want to have the attention span for the arena so I can get Boba Fett but you don't get loot or XP for it so I don't always play. If you all ever play a YodaBauer in the arena (or team up with one of my cards in story missions but I don't know how that works) that's me. :p

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:

I want to have the attention span for the arena so I can get Boba Fett but you don't get loot or XP for it so I don't always play. If you all ever play a YodaBauer in the arena (or team up with one of my cards in story missions but I don't know how that works) that's me. :p

I've been working on leveling Boba Fett. I haven't gotten him to Tier 4 yet so I can't really say how good his damage is but it looks like he's on par with Han and Leia as one of the top base damage heroes. The one thing I'm iffy about is his jump jet ability. while I can see it having defensive uses since it only protects him it seems like it might be less useful than a hero with an offensive ability (such as Hans) or group defensive ability (Luke or Chewie). If his base damage however is really good that may change things.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really just want Boba because it's cool. :p But good to know he's mostly useful. Did you find him in a T2 crate or do I have to get to the T3 crate?

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote  

If I recall right it was a T2 crate (the ones that cost around 450 bounties). I just got him to max level at Tier 3 and he's got the same base damage as the Sakiyan with about 10-20 more points of health. I think he'd probably be most useful in a hero team built to avoid damage or as your insurance man who can use his jump jet to buy you an extra turn or two to try to win in the event that most of your team goes down.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awesome!

Also, as a clarification, the T3 Rebel Doctor I thought I had is actually a Rebel Marksman. I just can't read apparently. *facepalm*

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just waiting for Weapons Wednesday so I can get T3 Han. Very Happy

In other news leveling up so many cards at once makes the process much tougher... I feel like such a terrible fan for letting Chewie fall by the wayside. Razz

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Did you all know that all cards can be consumed by heros for training, even other heros? Just by changing the filter in the training screen.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yup, I found that out a while ago as well...and have actually done it. Here's something you may not know...if a character is required for a mission later on, it will not allow you to "absorb" that character to train another. (example: I tried to train a character using my T3 3PO, but it would not allow me because you have to have 3PO on your team for certain missions).

Q: At what "level" does a tier 4 character promote to tier 5? All of my T4 characters are level 15 and Chewie is at level 17.

Q: Are Probot's worth leveling up to Tier 4? How about Savrips? And I just got a T2 Tusken...should I train him up?

So those Imperial Navy Troopers (all black with the black helmet) are beasts! One about 1-shotted my T4 L15 Han!

Page 3 of 4