Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Problem with that theory: Gwen is only 5 years older than Domhnall. A mother/son casting would be awkward to say the least. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ That occurred to me. Looking at pictures and videos, though, I think Gwendolin Christie could pull off someone older and Domhnall Gleeson could pull off someone younger... but you're probably right. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Have to admit, the Millennium Falcon sighting absolutely made my day. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some interesting info: http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits-luke-will-bearded-vii-new-rumors-james-earl-jones-domhnall-gleeson-gary-whitta/

Just rumors, not spoilers, but using the tags to be polite.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I just read elsewhere some guy claim
And then this latest casting of that tall blonde from Game of Thrones... Shocked

I have no problem seeing it. She even looks the part. And it would get around the problem of a needing a

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was a bit out of the news and everything revolving around the movies. I mostly follow the EU which is awesome.
But the other day, while listening to one podcast something caught me off guard. And I went to dig in some info. It was discussed here in the first posts, however, reading 30 pages is quite a lot.
So long story short, apparently disney will disregard the EU. That is completly true?
I mean why the heck someone would want to throw away decades of history and angry thousands of fans and create a trilogy without any linking to the EU?

For me this is another sign that the Star Wars rights on disney will be the end of an amazing saga. started with the comics.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

mephizt wrote:
I was a bit out of the news and everything revolving around the movies. I mostly follow the EU which is awesome.
But the other day, while listening to one podcast something caught me off guard. And I went to dig in some info. It was discussed here in the first posts, however, reading 30 pages is quite a lot.
So long story short, apparently disney will disregard the EU. That is completly true?
I mean why the heck someone would want to throw away decades of history and angry thousands of fans and create a trilogy without any linking to the EU?

For me this is another sign that the Star Wars rights on disney will be the end of an amazing saga. started with the comics.

In essence, they want to make their new movies unbound by the limitations set upon them by the EU. Which is fair, in my opinion; they want to tell their own stories, and don't want to be tied down with stories about the Yuuzhan Vong, and already-married, already-enchildrened characters.

The EU has officially been set aside, under the heading "Legends." The stories still exist of course, available for consumption. Things that the writers like may be drawn upon for future movies, but they need not be. The only truly canon things now are the six movies, The Clone Wars (movie and show), the new Rebels cartoon, the latest TCW comic (Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, which is based on unproduced scripts and is basically the same level as a couple of episodes), and the handful of new books that are coming out.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Again, I'd like to point out a misconception that I myself fell for. Disney does't necessarily equal Micky Mouse anymore. Disney Studios may make "kiddie films" or whatever. But the company of Disney is something much bigger and much for far-sighted. They own Marvel Studios too and so far that's been fantastic. And shown that they can be involved in film franchises based off of pre-existing material. I think they'll handle this better than people think.

Also, remember Star Wars started as films. It's one of the rare franchises to do so. I'll always be okay with the original medium out-weighing subsequent mediums.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Taral-DLOS wrote:

The EU has officially been set aside, under the heading "Legends." The stories still exist of course, available for consumption. Things that the writers like may be drawn upon for future movies, but they need not be. The only truly canon things now are the six movies, The Clone Wars (movie and show), the new Rebels cartoon, the latest TCW comic (Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, which is based on unproduced scripts and is basically the same level as a couple of episodes), and the handful of new books that are coming out.

oh well, in spite of kind of understanding not wanting to be limited, we might end up with two completely different timelines. Because I am sure, and has you pointed out, new books that are coming out. That will be the beginning, and then maybe another handful of books, and new comics being released by disney, (cause for sure they want keep money coming in) and years of material will be labeled as "legends".

I see this more as a statement, we bought it, now it is our terms, our universe and we are going to model it and work it out as we want. And so this again in my opinion, and only future will tell, will mark a deep cut in Star Wars as we know it, with all the characters that one has learn to love or hate for all the right reasons being left out of the picture or changed, and new stuff coming in.
I am skeptic about its goodness, I have been following SW for too long, but I will be here to see. Just hope me and a lot of people will not be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-production-update

And we have two more actors. I'm going to guess that Pip Andersen will be some sort of Force-user, due to his parkour talents.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So much cast announced, so few characters announced.

One day. One day.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm excited to see what Pip Andersen can do. I've been watching YouTube videos of him. He's really talented. Shocked

Here's his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/piptrix/videos

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm not going to lie, this announcements do not excite me in the least. All these new characters can not possibly be anyone important. We already now that the big three will at least have Yoda and Mace status, then couple that with three actors from the initial screenshot probably being the new big three and I can't see any of these new cast being important. Unless one of them is the main villain? They rarely get to act in Star Wars thought, so I still don't care. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Agreed, this long after the main cast announcement, it seems likely that they'll be minor characters.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Boba Fett is a minor character and he's one of the most popular from the films. Who doesn't remember all the Imperial Officers Vader killed in ESB? Mon Mothma is a small character who gained great importance in the EU. The clones were was minor characters. Just because someone doesn't get a lot of screen time doesn't mean their character won't be important.

Also, while the first few spin off films might be familiar faces, I'm sure the new characters will get films as well.

Don't get me wrong. I can't wait to find out who they will be playing! But I don't exactly think their announcing Bar Patron #3 and #5.

- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 31 of 33