S5 - Episode 11: A Sunny Day in the Void

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S5 - Episode 11: A Sunny Day in the Void
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote  

Season 5 - Episode 11: A Sunny Day in the Void
Airs: 12/8/12 at 9:30 AM ET/8:30 AM CT
Replays: 12/9/12 at 9:30 AM ET/8:30 AM CT

Summary: After a comet damages their shuttle, R2-D2, Colonel Gascon, and the other droids crash on a desolate planet where they must make their way across a bewildering expanse of emptiness to carry out their mission.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Is this supposed to be another 4-part arc?

I did not enjoy this episode at all. The characters are too ridiculous and the tone is too silly. The previous episode was okay, but I think this story arc has already gone on for far too long. I was quite unhappy when they did not leave the Void at the end of the episode.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote  

Yes, this is part of a 4 part arc, so we'll be getting two more episodes once it picks back up in January.

I watched the little behind the scenes, documentary clip for this episode. George wanted "an episode about nothing." I think that speaks for itself. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Not THAT bad
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Okay, this episode was one of the worse ones of the Clone Wars, but don't see it being hated on like it is. It was silly and I saw it for what that was. Yeah, a bit over the top and there is some cheese, but I was able to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote  

I like Gascon, and as odd as this episode was, I liked it as well. I think it's good to have variety in a show, especially one like TCW which ran five seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think it's good to have variety in a show, especially one like TCW which ran five seasons.

I agree. The Star Wars films are all over the place in terms of tone. I like that the series is as well. Even if it means there were a few episodes I couldn't get into.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote  

As long as that variety includes the awesome episodes like Sidious duel wielding lightsabers and fighting the Maul brothers Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1