Log in to check your private messages
The Sequel Trilogy (7, 8, 9) General Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Episode VII in theaters makes you...
...ECSTATIC
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
...SCARED SITHLESS for the EU
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
...Speechless
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
...All of the above
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

 PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Darth Skuldren
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 6448
Location: Missouri

I'm okay with that. Laughing

But I'll raise you one...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6769
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Rian Johnson, director of Looper, will be writing and directing Episode VIII and possibly Episode IX. I liked Looper, so I'm interested to see what he'll do with Star Wars.

Source:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/20/rian-johnson-write-direct-two-star-wars-films-report
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

Reepicheep wrote:
Rian Johnson, director of Looper, will be writing and directing Episode VIII and possibly Episode IX. I liked Looper, so I'm interested to see what he'll do with Star Wars.

Source:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/20/rian-johnson-write-direct-two-star-wars-films-report


In my opinion, Looper was garbage, but I suspect my qualms are mostly about bad writing and less about directing.

Regardless, having any director attached is a good thing: it means production is moving forward, and we can expect new Star Wars on time every 2-3 years. W00T!
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6769
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Rian Johnson, director of Looper, will be writing and directing Episode VIII and possibly Episode IX. I liked Looper, so I'm interested to see what he'll do with Star Wars.

Source:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/20/rian-johnson-write-direct-two-star-wars-films-report


In my opinion, Looper was garbage, but I suspect my qualms are mostly about bad writing and less about directing.

Huh. I thought it was pretty good. The time travel plot didn't fit together when you sit down and think about it, but I didn't notice while I was watching.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

Reepicheep wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Rian Johnson, director of Looper, will be writing and directing Episode VIII and possibly Episode IX. I liked Looper, so I'm interested to see what he'll do with Star Wars.

Source:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/20/rian-johnson-write-direct-two-star-wars-films-report


In my opinion, Looper was garbage, but I suspect my qualms are mostly about bad writing and less about directing.

Huh. I thought it was pretty good. The time travel plot didn't fit together when you sit down and think about it, but I didn't notice while I was watching.


Oh, I noticed while I was watching. I also felt the torture scene was needless (and that kind of body horror really bothers me, made worse by the fact that it violated its own movie logic), and I didn't buy for once that Bruce Willis was an older Joseph Gordon-Levitt (and the growing-up montage where we see JGL slowly getting older, and then all of a sudden a de-aged Bruce Willis with a terrible wig, that made me laugh). And I thought the telekinesis thing was stupid, and the child actor looked like bad CGI lol.

But sometimes directors or actors that are otherwise excellent make the occasional bad movie. Looper wasn't the first bad Bruce Willis movie, and it certainly wasn't his last, but by and large he's still one of my favourite action heroes. This director made one bad movie, but I just checked his Wikipedia page and he also did Brick, which was AMAZING (and also starred JGL, but this time he did well). So I have high hopes for Episode VIII.
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Skywalker2B
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Posts: 81

Personally, I'm really hoping that just about all of the rumors I've read are false. Thus far I haven't liked any of the rumors and they give me a bad feeling about the direction that the ST (and even the spin offs) seem to be taking. A lot of times, from what I've seen, whenever a movie is made in which there was previous material the new writer/director tries so hard to distinguish theirs from the one(s) before that every design decision is almost the opposite of what came before…and the result was not very good. Look at Dune…the look and feel of the movie was great (disregarding the changes from the books), the ones that made the tv miniseries stuck closer to the book in terms of script, but their design choices made it look and feel way off. Meaning, I don’t want to see them do stuff like “well the EU did this, so we’ll do the opposite or something completely different”…Luke was married and had a kid, so we’ll make him single and childless, Leia and Han were married with 3 kids, so we’ll make them never marry or divorced, etc. This is the picture I’m getting from the rumors, so, I hope they are all wrong.

For me, I'm going to see what they do with A New Dawn and Tarkin to get a better idea about how the storygroup is handling things.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6769
Location: Sailing into the unknown

^ If Han and Leia are divorced in the ST, I'll boycott. Real talk.

I haven't been keeping pace with the rumours, but the thing I'm most worried about now is how Harrison Ford's injury is going to affect the movie. It wouldn't be good if they altered the script because of it. If you have to delay the movie's release, I say delay it.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Skywalker2B
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Posts: 81

I'm not a big fan of Han, so reducing his role would be fine with me. For me, the movies are about the Skywalkers. The books and comics are where the other stories are told (some of which are part of the Skywalker story). So having Han as the main character in VII just doesn't sit right with me.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6769
Location: Sailing into the unknown

^ I can see that. I just don't want unexpected events like this to interfere with J. J. Abrams and co.'s vision.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  DarthMRN
Knight
Knight

Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Posts: 253

You have a point concerning delay dangers. This movie was rumored to be rushed as it was, without having to condense things even further because of Harrison. And since I can't imagine Disney postponing the release a second time, this might end up hurting.
_________________
I discuss to learn, not to win. Then again, learning enough tends to translate to victory in the end anyway.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 am Reply with quote  
Message
  mephizt
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 26 Jun 2014
Posts: 24

Reepicheep wrote:
^ If Han and Leia are divorced in the ST, I'll boycott. Real talk.

I haven't been keeping pace with the rumours, but the thing I'm most worried about now is how Harrison Ford's injury is going to affect the movie. It wouldn't be good if they altered the script because of it. If you have to delay the movie's release, I say delay it.


last I heard he would be out for like 6 weeks.
I am sure they can still meet deadlines if they keep shooting scenes when he is not involved and then restart shooting his when recovered


View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 4 of 4
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield