Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quote:
The Lucasfilm rep told GameSpot, "[A]s far as The Old Republic MMO is concerned, nothing is going to change. [TOR] has always been a part of the Expanded Universe, and that's not going to change."

Not the clearest statement ever, but it would seem to imply TOR will survive the EU purge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarthMRN wrote:
Quote:
The Lucasfilm rep told GameSpot, "[A]s far as The Old Republic MMO is concerned, nothing is going to change. [TOR] has always been a part of the Expanded Universe, and that's not going to change."

Not the clearest statement ever, but it would seem to imply TOR will survive the EU purge.

Why wouldn't it? Most of what I read seemed to imply that the main areas of the EU "purge" will be post-ROTJ. Anything prior to that is canon at best, and malleable (in the TCW drawing-from-the-pool-of-ideas sense) at worst. And TOR is millennia old; there's no reason to decanonize it.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh, my bad. I just assumed everyone was on top of Jennifer Heddle's tweets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I believe I have run Imperial characters at least halfway five times now, and this time I stopped to take a video of one of my favorite lines:

SWTOR - Assassinating Assassins

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote  

haha that's good. My favorite was a duel sequence from the smuggler story line on Aldaraan (video is not my character but they made the same choices I did):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qnbO4-VFsA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I won the stupid Rancor! Finally. But not for me.

My friend is out of town for the summer. While he is gone, he gave me his login information and told me to protect his toons and make sure his account wasn't hacked. So when the event came along...I just knew I had to win him that Rancor as a surprise.

Now...I was also trying to win myself the Rancor, but I got tired of the endeavor fairly quickly. And I was about to give up on winning one for him, as well. But I talked to him on the phone the other day, and in discussing TOR mounts, he quite suddenly accounced, "I want a Rancor mount." And gosh darn it, it looked like I was going to have to win that stupid Rancor after all.

And last night...I did. So happy. Cool

Edit: And now I just won one for me! Yay! Picture in spoiler tags below. Very Happy

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Further Edit: And now I just won one for my sister! If anybody wants a Rancor, I think I'm on a roll. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I updated my game client this weekend and started playing again. I made a new Jedi Knight character (female, human, light side, dual-wielding Sentinel).

Good times. Made it off Tython and onto Coruscant, and will play a bit more tonight.

I also worked on my Sith Inquisitor (DPS Sorcerer, female, cyborg, light side). But she's on Nar Shaddaa right now, and I don't like the level design in some of those areas (you need to run back and forth through the same square-shaped enemy territory several times; there's no way to do it without backtracking tons).

Not sure why many of the my characters are female. I like the look, and the voice actresses are always amazing (I loved my Jennifer Hale-voiced Trooper and Grey DeLisle-voiced Bounty Hunter).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Took this screenshot while playing today. Just something about it! Love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote  

Honestly I'm not sure who would win that. On one hand the lightsaber is well within range to disarm the Zabrak. but on the other hand the Jedi is too close to have the time to block a blaster bolt if the Jedi fails to disarm their opponent before the trigger is pulled.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

My money's on the Jedi. He'd sense the intention to pull the trigger and then flick the lightsaber, cutting through the barrel before the Zabrak has a chance to do so.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Lately I have been focusing primarily on my Bastion character, Talus. He is a big boy now, finally reached 55. So I have begun another Guardian! My very first toon was a Guardian, and I didn't know what was going on. I didn't get to appreciate the class due to my general ignorance throughout leveling. Hence, I decided I should revisit in the form of my newest character, Garik! Very Happy

Page 38 of 38