Star Wars: Rebels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rebels is actually looking interesting. I like how they're focusing on non-film characters. The focus on Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme etc. held TCW back.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm not too interested in this show. It looks like if they took Clone Wars and made Ashoka, aka the whiny annoying teen character, the main character for the whole show. That's why people watch Star wars, right? To see young teens/children go on adventures. It worked so well in The Phantom Menace Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Anyone wonder why after they announced the main characters news went silent on Rebels?

After listening to Rebel Force Radio's interview with Dave Filoni about TCW, I'm looking forward to Rebels to see what they bring in from the EU as well as the connections that they'll make to the OT. If we got Chewie in TCW, I'm betting we'll get Han and Chewie in Rebels. There is already speculation that Billy Dee Williams is doing/has done some voice work for Rebels based on a comment he made. That would be cool. I'd also love to see Mon Mothma brought in as the leader of the Rebellion along with Bel Iblis and Bail Organa. Of course, being that Filoni is at the helm, I'm sure we'll also see some connections to TCW as well.

Looking forward to this summer and fall.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote  

I'm still waiting for confirmation that we're getting something this summer from Rebels and not having to wait until Fall for everything. There's some contradictory info on that.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

From what I understand they are supposed to have something (a mini TV movie, hour long episode, or just "shorts") that introduce the characters and story sometime this summer on the Disney Channel. Then, later in the fall, the series proper starts on Disney XD (or visa versa on the channels).

Still, you'd think we'd be hearing more about Rebels leading up to it than we have. There was a lot of buzz around the Celebration Europe II, and then some more back when they revealed the "good guys" cast...but since then...nothing. You'd think they'd be building a wave of anticipation.

Whereas Kathleen Kenedy had said that they'd be more forthcoming with information on the various SW projects going forward, it seems like it has been the opposite. It's more like JJ's desire for ultra secrecy is ruling the day. I don't think that's a Disney decision because look at all of the info we have on all of the Marvel movies in the works. Compare what the Marvel fans know about that franchise to what we SW fans know about ours. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

so I didn't read the last five pages of chat, but is the position of clone wars thread just being replaced with the rebels thread?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

so I didn't read the last five pages of chat, but is the position of clone wars thread just being replaced with the rebels thread?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So did anyone else catch the first 7 minutes released the other day? Over all I am still pretty optimistic about the show. I think it could be a good platform for some new SW stories on a weekly level. Ok honestly it did seem Slightly more childish than I would have liked but.... I have read a lot of people complaining about the dialog, while I did not have any problems with it there was....something.... After 2 more views I figured it out. It is almost like they have to "pay by the second" for all times that a microphone is turned on. Roll with me on this, there is almost no Grunts, Moans, Groans, No self reactions of "Whoaaaa", "phewwwwww" and things like that. The only time you hear their voice is for dialog and you can almost hear them press a button and speak it's very weird. Am I alone here?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Is it worth watching on its own? I usually don't watch these sort of first look things, preferring to wait until I can watch the whole episode.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I usually wait too, but I was curious about the series.

It's worth watching on it's own. The first few seconds are a little weird. It feels like there's supposed to be a commercial break there or like they cut out the opening logos or something. But after that it's just like any episode and it seems like a good sample of what the series will be like.

The humor has a good base. The writing is okay and the delivery is good, but the beats from the editing don't let them hit quite like they should, IMO. But I think they'll get better at that as they go. Just need a few episodes for growing pains. I think this series will have a faster learning curve than TCW though.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 5 of 5