Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Watched a couple episodes of Duck Dynasty and cannot fathom how it has become a cultural phenomenon.

I live in the very middle of midwestern America. It still has a following here, I despise it. Sometimes I wonder about this wworld lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not a fan of it because I don't like reality TV in general. But if I was forced to watch a show like that I'd pick Duck Dynasty over the Cardashians or some Jersey Shore spin off or crap like that.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
24 is over all over again as of a few days ago. Sad

But I don't think the writers every really want that show to die. They'll just be taking a few years break here and there.

That could end up like the Expendables movies. I know 40 is the new 60, but no one wants to see a grandpa beating people up.

Other than in the new Star Wars.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My wife got me into Supernatural. She watched all eight seasons-on-DVD in a span that she claims was three months but I say is more like two. I'm watching them much more slowly, and I'm loving it so far.

Saving people. Hunting things. The family business. Smile

I'm halfway through Season 2, and I understand the tone of the show changes drastically in a bit. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been watching American Ninja Warrior.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Taral-DLOS wrote:
My wife got me into Supernatural. She watched all eight seasons-on-DVD in a span that she claims was three months but I say is more like two. I'm watching them much more slowly, and I'm loving it so far.

Saving people. Hunting things. The family business. Smile

I'm halfway through Season 2, and I understand the tone of the show changes drastically in a bit. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Season 2 is where the show actually starts committing to season long plot arcs, which I thought was better suited to the show. Season one's overall "arc" was just "find Dad", with most of the episodes being devoted to showing off various supernatural entities.

Keep me updated on your progress, Taral. It's not my favorite show for nothing. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is anyone else into the Sprint "framily" with the hamster dad? I would watch an ABC Geicko Caveman style show about them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Korra season 2!!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So, how do people feel about the Emmys? I'm still shocked that Peter Dinklage lost.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't know the Emmy's happened until this morning. But I am quite certain I am mad about something that happened on it.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I didn't know the Emmy's happened until this morning. But I am quite certain I am mad about something that happened on it.

Yeah, it was a really weird time this year - a month early and on a Monday night, because of football and the VMAs.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That explains why I don't remember them being in the month of August.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rivals made it into the champions leage. What is this ****** Emmys thing? Something Bieber competes in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 72 of 72